Discussion topic: Wrong Amount on contract agreed with sales team

This message was authored by TonyMay This message was authored by: TonyMay

Wrong Amount on contract agreed with sales team

Hello,

I am just looking for help I was told I had a contract with Sky with Sports, Cinema, UHD, Netflix and so on the contract length is 18 months and was agreed at £92 but I have checked my MY SKY billing section and it is down as £104.

This is not what I agreed can someone help me sort this out please

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Wrong Amount on contract agreed with sales team

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TonyMay 
Your first couple of bills are usually higher, basically due to the dates they cover (more than the usual number of days). In effect you’ll be charged from the date of the activation up until the end of that billed month, and for the next month in advance. Check your future bills to see if they reflect the amount you were expecting. Also see these links
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/understanding-my-bills
and
https://www.sky.com/manage/bill/future 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@TonyMay  When did you agree the contract?  You should be aware any recent changes may not have updated, and your 1st couple of bills after this is agreed may be higher.   https://www.sky.com/help/articles/bills-and-payments-sky-glass-bill-help-add-tv-pack

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

TonyMay
Topic Author

They contact me yesterday and I agreed it over the phone at 5.13pm I was told it would be £92 but the screen shows no discount for the Sports package that was agreed

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

What does next months bill show as it might be to soon for your current bill to update and it wouldn't update at all if it is due to be paid in the next 14 days or less.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
TonyMay
Topic Author

My first bill is £83,93 with discounts then the following two bills are £104.00 this is not what I agree 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@TonyMay wrote:

My first bill is £83,93 with discounts then the following two bills are £104.00

So the first bill appears to be correct, if so then you need to give the future bills time to update, so if they haven't done so by Thursday next week then give Sky a call about them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
TonyMay
Topic Author

Thank you for this help I shall leave it a little longer and see what happens because I want the contract but just at the price agree 🙂

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Sometimes if a manager has to approve an offer then future bills may show an incorrect amount until approved.

I too have recently agreed a renewal price & the future bills are incorrect so I called to confirm the new cost & I was told the above & all is fine. 

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
This message was authored by techy This message was authored by: techy

I had this happen.  Took 3 calls and ask them to replay your call to confirm what was agreed.

They ended giving me an extra discount on 1st month due to their failure to bill me correctly and the amount of time I had to spend getting it corrected.

I would recommend calling them tomorrow and ask them to check the notes, if they disagree with you, ask for them to have your call re-played (or chat conversation looked at).  everything should be recorded by them.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion