Discussion topic: Why is my account suspended

This message was authored by Hayley62 This message was authored by: Hayley62

Why is my account suspended

Had a few problems with my super fast broad band for a while now , it's running realy slow , I pay by direct debit on 26th each month , I logged on to run a test yesterday as it was running slow (tv is ok ) , and it says my services have been restricted and I need to make a payment , but confused as my bill is payed every month on time by dd, anyway I went to make a payment to see if it would sort the problem but it won't let me lol anyone know what to do . Can't get hold of sky at all I've been trying ring since yesterday, I've emailed and facebooked them with no answer , haven't got a clue what's going on as I've still got tv and broadband it's just slow 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Why is my account suspended

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm not sure what causes the restriced message but it might not be due a billing issue so to get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you sometime tomorrow regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent Hayley62  an invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Hayley62

An invite was sent but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

After speaking with Hayley62 we checked the account and confirmed they were receiving messages regarding their old closed account.

We got them logged in to their Active account successfully and advised their line is currently being managed by Openreach's DLM system so recommended to keep the Hub connected over the coming days which should see the speeds gradually increase.

Also spoke about the amount of devices connected and explained how this can affect the available bandwidth for other devices.

It was a pleasure speaking with you Hayley62 and thanks again.

Thanks
Tom

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion