Discussion topic: When are the phone lines for sky open and what is the best number to call them on

This message was authored by philipparker This message was authored by: philipparker

Re: When are the phone lines for sky open and what is the best number to call them on

hi there,I am now a pensioner,and have a few problems,for years and years,I have paid for my sky account on my credit card.It is impossible to ring sky,o.k.so the only thing to do is to block direct debit on my credit card, a member of yours has suggested that I may be fined, and thats o.k. fine .A simple phone call would have solved it all,but Sky does not respond. I still run a large business,I have many custiomers,If they have a problem I ring them back.Sky however does not give you this option.I will close my direct debit shortly,I may be fined,if so please send me a bill,it will be paid,please phone me with your bank account number(this an automated text,please do not reply)

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: When are the phone lines for sky open and what is the best number to call them on

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

We are all customers here so none of us work for Sky.

If you cancel your credit card then it will cause you further problems so instead of doing this give Sky a call again tomorrow, the earlier you can do this the better as the more likely you will get through to someone quicker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@philipparker wrote:

I have many custiomers,If they have a problem I ring them back.

I bet you don't have nearly as many customers as Sky.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@philipparker 

I have seen your pm. As can be seen in my signature at the bottom of all my posts I only respond on the main boards. I noticed that you stated you'd been fined €7. This is the first time you've indicated you're in the ROI. As you have discovered Sky Customer Services in the ROI is closed at a weekend so as suggested in the last but one post contact Sky Ireland as soon as they open this morning (0900 I think). 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by philipparker This message was authored by: philipparker

Re: Sky Go on apple tv login issues

hi,I use sky Ireland.I pay monthly on my credit card. Lately, I have noticed that Sky is now billing my credit card account on the same day as I settle my credit card account. The problem is that I am now billed a few hours after I have settled my card account, meaning that I am now fined 7 euros every month because the Sky direct debit arrives too late. As I pay by credit card I have no record of my Sky account number. I spent 3 hours trying to contact Sky Ireland by phone  but I ended up completely frustrated.I was asked to verify myself, which I did through my mobile phone. What I wish to do is change the billing date to a few days  earlier.I did not grow up with computers and am now a pensioner, therefore I am a little bit slow on my computer.My first choice was to simply give Sky Ireland a call, but as stated, you cannot ring .Now I have no option but to seek a different provider.I will be very sad to leave Sky as I love it.Could you possible help?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky Go on apple tv login issues

@philipparker wrote:
My first choice was to simply give Sky Ireland a call, but as stated, you cannot ring .

@philipparker 

No one has said you can't ring. Sky Ireland Customer Services are open weekdays. I can't remember the times.

If you already have a Sky Mobile or a Sky Talk landline call free by dialling 150, otherwise you can use:
https://www.sky.com/help/home
UK customers: Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number.
ROI customers: change the flag in the bottom right corner of the link to the ROI flag then scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0818 number.
(The forum doesn’t allow us to type the numbers in full).

You will find that similar to calling other large companies the start will be automated which may also try to send you back to the forum. When you call stay on the line as long as possible and don’t hang up.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@philipparker 

A few people have come on here claiming cancelling a payment method is the answer to all their problems. We are customers who have seen and replied to those posts. Believe us it's not the route you want to take. 

People think they're getting one over on Sky or other big companies when they cancel the direct debit. Then in the future they're refused loans/mortgages/other credit due to a default on their credit record and come back here begging for the default to be removed. Sometimes people have to learn the hard way.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion