Discussion topic: Was told i could end my contract one day and then told another i couldnt

This message was authored by JHart97 This message was authored by: JHart97

Was told i could end my contract one day and then told another i couldnt

Im not happy at all, 

VM has recently been installed in my area with an amazing deal. 
I called up sky to confirm how much it would cost me for an early termination fee to leave (as you would think is normal) 
The first guy i spoke to said it would be between £130-140 so i agreed to call back and complete the cancellation after i signed this new deal. 

I called today and was told i couldn't cancel my subscription even with a ET fee. 

This has left me stranded, now with a whopping sky bill which is stupidly priced and a install from the other company coming next month!!!! 

Do i have any stand on this as in the contract now looking through states i must serve minimum term. But as i called to confirm before hand, and they had agreed then i was misled 

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Was told i could end my contract one day and then told another i couldnt

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JHart97  I don't believe you have a case because as with any offer made by sky it has to be accepted on the spot (as it may not be available next time you call) which you admit you didn't as you phoned back the next day 

all you can do is lodge a formal complaint and go from there 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Was told i could end my contract one day and then told another i couldnt

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JHart97 wrote:

The first guy i spoke to said it would be between £130-140 so i agreed to call back and complete the cancellation after i signed this new deal. 

I called today and was told i couldn't cancel my subscription even with a ET fee. 

Cancellation for which Sky service(s)?

A penalty charge applies to broadband, but Sky typically doesn't permit early exit from subscription television at all.

If you have both from Sky, confusion is likely to arise.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion