This message was authored by Glynn83 This message was authored by: Glynn83

Re: Was it really sky who called

Why have called myself?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Glynn83 wrote:

Why have called myself?

Sorry, that makes no sense. Please explain.

This message was authored by Glynn83 This message was authored by: Glynn83

I had a call today and when I answered it went dead. When I googled the Number it was apparently from SKY. If it was from sky why are they ringing me? Thank you 

@Glynn83 wrote:

I had a call today and when I answered it went dead. When I googled the Number it was apparently from SKY. If it was from sky why are they ringing me? Thank you 

Typically because they want to offer you a deal on something.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Glynn83 

Does the number end 3372? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by vicksmith1976 This message was authored by: vicksmith1976

Just received a call from the 0800 number asking me if I wanted a tablet for 87p a day with sim card.  Still not sure they were legitimate but knew all about me so hung up 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Did they ask for your telephone password before talking to you, if they didn't then it might not have been from Sky.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Hennessybeats This message was authored by: Hennessybeats

So km confused, is this a scam or not? 

@Hennessybeats wrote:

So km confused, is this a scam or not? 

If you mean the type of call that the original poster was querying, no, not technically a scam. See the post marked as the Answer.

This message was authored by Ouchio This message was authored by: Ouchio

Received a call from the same number (+44) 800 47* 075*

I would not recommend Domestic & General to anyone. Besides, Sky own the equipment we rent from them.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Ouchio wrote:

Besides, Sky own the equipment we rent from them.

All Sky Q television boxes, most Sky Hubs, and Sky Stream pucks acquired since 23rd February 2023 are loaned by Sky, not 'rented'. Glass television sets (and earlier pucks) are/were sold to users, as was all Sky+ / Sky+ HD hardware, so these have initial warranty cover but not an ongoing replacement programme in the event of out-of-warranty failure.

In theory, Protect Device Insurance gets priority attention for loaned hardware swap-out and if dish realignment or cable repair is required for Sky Q.  Whether this represents good value is a judgement any potential insurance purchaser needs to make.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Ouchio This message was authored by: Ouchio

Doesn't matter, I would not take out insurance with Domestic and General. 

One of the most infuriating companies to deal with in my experience. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Ouchio 

Quite possibly, although I'd observe that for Sky equipment cover it's Sky which administers the hardware replacement process or dish repair: they just aren't regulated as an insurance provider themselves.

D&G for 'extended warranty' on a washing machine is rather different.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

I've just had a call from +44800******* saying that it's an introductory call from Sky to talk me through the service. He sounded like a very bitter man and was quite argumentative when I told that I've had the service for nearly a year and that I know how it works. Scam or not, it was certainly very suspicious..

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

A little update to my previous post. Since I received the suspicious call earlier, I've received four more this afternoon from numbers that are spoofing restaurants and takeaways and all claiming to be calling from Sky but now the accents aren't Scouse but more Indian in nature. So I'm guessing the company that called me earlier have now farmed my details out to all the foreign scammers...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion