Discussion topic: UNBELIEVABLE!

This message was authored by Tiberius64 This message was authored by: Tiberius64

UNBELIEVABLE!

I'm an existing Sky customer and my contract ends in May. I've just got off the phone with Sky to ask if I can get cheaper home broadband and they said "no"! The only offer they have is the same package I'm on now but it's going to cost me £10pm more. I don't want the same package! I want a cheaper alternative but am told I can't have one!! I've been online and found the same product from other suppliers for £18.99. Sky have gone right down to zero on the recommendation scale as far as I'm concerned.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: UNBELIEVABLE!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tiberius64  What is it you wanting fellow customers to do about this?

You've had you new customers discpounts, Sky are not obliged to offer simiar upon renegotiation, you have a choice, find another supplier or accept the offer sky have given.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Tiberius64 

Probably your discounts ending and the forthcoming price increase. If you've had your letter or email about the increase you can leave Sky Broadband penalty free within 30 days of you receiving it.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Tiberius64 wrote:

I've been online and found the same product from other suppliers for £18.99.

That is likely to be be loss-making at BT Wholesale pricing for FTTC on the Openreach network, so would only ever be an introductory offer in an initial contract term , not a renewal price.

Altnet ISPs can (and typically do) choose to operate below their own cost price as they attempt to increase subscriber numbers before running out of startup capital and credit facilities..

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by NickNewark This message was authored by: NickNewark

@Tiberius64 Virgin are offering some decent deals if you can get their service. 18 month contracts as always, might be worth a look. Sometimes you have to walk away. 

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

You'd most likely get a better retentions deal in April/within 30 days of the contract end date otherwise there's no reason to offer a better price. Be armed with quotes from other providers & if Sky can't better your current deal then walk away/cancel.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@twilight+princess wrote:

You'd most likely get a better retentions deal in April/within 30 days of the contract end date otherwise there's no reason to offer a better price. Be armed with quotes from other providers & if Sky can't better your current deal then walk away/cancel.

Not sure Sky really care about matching offers from competitors anymore on renewals.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

A retention deal isn't really about price matching a competitor's deal but to reduce the full price of the subscriptions after the contract ends. I don't expect to receive the same price as a new customer but if a deal cannot be agreed then I would be willing to move to a competitor.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion