Discussion topic: Termination charge for early cancellation of contract due to sudden price increase

This message was authored by ReshmaC This message was authored by: ReshmaC

Termination charge for early cancellation of contract due to sudden price increase

I received an email about price increase from next month. I'm not happy with the service at present which is expensive for limited availability or speed. And now they're increasing the price. I wanted to know the way to cancel the service without any termination fees. As the charge is way too high for the data speed provided. 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Termination charge for early cancellation of contract due to sudden price increase

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ReshmaC 

That should be in the email or letter you received. I believe it gives you 30 days to exit without charge

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Clivers This message was authored by: Clivers

Re: Termination charge for early cancellation of contract due to sudden price increase

You need to ring the Customer Services and discuss the issue. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@ReshmaC you can't normally cancel Sky TV if you're 'in contract'. If Sky do allow you to cancel early, the early termination charge would anyway equate pretty much to what you would have paid to see out your contract full term.

This message was authored by Clivers This message was authored by: Clivers

BB is different

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ReshmaC wrote:

And now they're increasing the price. I wanted to know the way to cancel the service without any termination fees.

Termination charge for early cancellation of contract due to sudden price increase.png

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion