Discussion topic: New installation but move in date delayed

This message was authored by Paula1875 This message was authored by: Paula1875

New installation but move in date delayed

So I have booked an engineer visit for Thursday but it looks like I still will not be in my new build by then. Should I cancel the installation with the risk that I will have to wait another few weeks or would the engineer be happy just to install the dish and that's it? There will be no TV or fibre available (I don't think)

All Replies

This message was authored by Melancholic This message was authored by: Melancholic

Re: New installation but move in date delayed

@Paula1875 

Have you checked on you Sky account to see if you can change the date, if not a call to the home move team at Sky would probably be the best course of action.

Also, if you are not completing on Thursday, I doubt the developer will allow Sky to put any dish up until you have the keys.

———————————————————————————

If I’ve helped today, give me a like.

Sky Stream and whole home.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: New installation but move in date delayed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paula1875 wrote:

would the engineer be happy just to install the dish and that's it?

An installer cannot put up a dish or run cabling (including drilling an entry hole) if the householder is not in posession of the property and available to provide access and permission.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion