Discussion topic: Struggling

This message was authored by Lindseyrobson This message was authored by: Lindseyrobson

Struggling

My sky has been restricted but I'm struggling to pay I've just come out of hospital with my mental health and can't do without no TV I'm also out of contract and want to set up a new affordable contact 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Struggling

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lindseyrobson 
If your services have been restricted (and it’s normally only a missed payment that triggers this), I’m afraid Sky won’t reinstate them until you’ve paid what is owed in full and set up a new continuous payment method. If your payment is two or more weeks overdue you will have to pay the next bill as well. Any calls to Sky will only prompt you to make your payment.

If you can’t pay what you owe in one go you can pay what you want, but until the bill is fully paid Sky will not reinstate your services. Sky don't allow payment plans on overdue live accounts, nor will they consider promises to pay on or by a certain date.

Once your full payment has cleared and is in Sky’s account your services should be reinstated, but this may not be instant. Any payment you make over a weekend or on a Bank Holiday isn’t likely to be processed until the following week as banks are closed.

Once you've done all this contact Sky to see about a new discounted deal. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Sorry to hear of  your difficulties. Unfortunately the process is automated and now that your services have been restricted you'll need to pay the outstanding balance before your services will be restored. You can then negotiate a new discounted term with Sky. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Lindseyrobson wrote:

can't do without no TV

You may wish to consider if there's a way for you to access Freesat or Freeview television: Sky is under no obligation to provide subscription television service at a reduced rate, and unlike telephone/broadband there's no Government-backed scheme for social tariffs on this.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Lyn2024 This message was authored by: Lyn2024

@TimmyBGood I spoke to someone from sky today who told me they don't do the government scheme for broadband? 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Lyn2024 

They do for certain benefits. This link explains the process if you’re eligible for Sky Broadband Basics.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-social-tariff
The Sky account holder needs to be claiming Universal Credit, Pension Credit, Income Support, Income based Jobseekers Allowance or Income based Employment Support Allowance. These are the only qualifying benefits and in order for Sky to carry out checks with DWP they will need your NI number. The social tariff is for Sky Broadband Superfast 35 with an average download speed of 36Mb/s and the Sky Talk Pay As You Go tariff (ie: all calls are chargeable). It does not offer a discounted Sky Talk plan.
Broadband Basics is only available to customers who already have Sky Broadband and to add the Sky Mobile offer, you’ll need to be taking Sky Broadband Basics, and:
a) Already have Sky Mobile and a 3GB data plan.
b) Or you can add a new 3GB data plan with Sky Mobile.
If you are eligible you’ll need to call Sky to join. There is no equivalent offer for TV. The social tariff lasts 18 months and then reverts to the full cost but if you’re still eligible you will then need to re-apply.

Sky customer since 2001

@Daniel0210 I spoke to a lady from India today as I'm finishing my sky contract this week and looking for a better deal and I mentioned about the government scheme for my broadband as I'm recently on universal credit and she told me sky don't do it at all.. 

@Lyn2024 

Then you were wrongly informed I'm afraid. 

Sky customer since 2001

@Daniel0210 I will call sky again and ask and see if I get a different response, all I'm wanting to do is reduce my bill which is going to up quite a bit

@Lyn2024 

Quote the link from Skys website if necessary.

Sky customer since 2001

@Daniel0210 ok thank you I will do

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Lyn2024 unfortunately being told incorrect information from a Sky Customer Services agent, is something that is often reported here. I'm sure its likely down to the offshore Sky Customer Services agents perhaps not being fully trained in all of Sky's products, deals, offers and services, so if you phone again you may end up speaking to someone who is aware of it. Either way if you point them to that link from the Sky website at a minimum they should be able to transfer you over to someone who does know more.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion