Discussion topic: Sky won’t let me join

This message was authored by Anna154 This message was authored by: Anna154

Sky won’t let me join

I was a customer with Sky then left around 2 years ago. I would like to join again however it won't let me. I'm asked to sign in, I do so, then it says something about technical difficulties and to try again. I keep doing this but nothing seems to happen and I can't progress any further. please help if you can! Thank you in advance.

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Sky won’t let me join

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This forum is primarily customer-to-customer help

Use the following link for contacting Sky: CONTACT

A phone number is given on a link on the page linked to below (click on the "Need more help?" drop down):

There is also Sky's How can we help? page
(make sure the correct country is selected at the bottom of the page)
Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Anna154 

You originally posted in the Sky+ board. If that's what you had previously you won't be able to subscribe to that again as Sky+ is no longer supported and new subscriptions are no longer available. 

For TV your options will be Sky Q, Sky Glass or Stream. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Anna154 wrote:

I was a customer with Sky then left around 2 years ago. I would like to join again however it won't let me. I'm asked to sign in, I do so, then it says something about technical difficulties and to try again. I keep doing this but nothing seems to happen and I can't progress any further. please help if you can! Thank you in advance.

Don't sign in. Join as a new customer (which is what you are). At some point you'll be asked to create a new SkyID, which is what you need as you've been away for more than 12 months. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Mark39 

As you left Sky and then returned after being away for 18/24 months or more then your account will have been closed so you will need to set up a new Sky ID to use which you can do when placing the order.

If you want to use the same email address then you need to first remove it from the old account first so log into the old account here:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

Then delete the email address by providing another one and logout of this account, this will then free it up to use when setting up your new Sky ID

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@caesarome wrote:

@Mark39 

As you left Sky and then returned after being away for 18/24 months or more then your account will have been closed so you will need to set up a new Sky ID to use which you can do when placing the order.

If you want to use the same email address then you need to first remove it from the old account first so log into the old account here:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details

Then delete the email address by providing another one and logout of this account, this will then free it up to use when setting up your new Sky ID

How does that impact a Sky Store account and content assigned to that account accessed using that email address?

Exiled in HH
Anna154
Topic Author
This message was authored by Anna154 This message was authored by: Anna154

Thank you all very much 😊

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion