Discussion topic: Sky talk

This message was authored by Lin44 This message was authored by: Lin44

Sky talk

Can someone please advise me if there is cheaper packages with sky talk as it's costing us a fortune on landline just to make calls in which I don't use landline much and was looking for something like free evening weekend calls , I was under the impression when signing up that landline calls were free as part of broadband internet call s , it's confusing as paying &50 month on landline and hardly using it 

any advice would be welcomed thanks so much 

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Sky talk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Calls made over your Internet connection (e.g. with WhatsApp, Skype or similar) using data to data only are 'free'.   PSTN (standard phone line) will be ending and some suppliers already provide a VOIP service (including Sky) - see here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/about-internet-calls

Calls are are subject to call charges unless you pay for an add on package.  There are a number of packages depending on your requirements.  (Pay as you talk, evenings and weekends or anytime).

It sounds like you are 'out of contract' if you are paying so much - best to call Sky and negotiate a deal including that call package but will require a minimum term commitment to get discounts.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Unfortunately Sky's wording does lead to the impression that internet calls are free, but they're not.

There is indeed a weekends and evening call package, but regrettably I don't know the current price. However, if you only call 1, 02 and 03 for up to 59 minutes during the inclusive hours,  it would probably be cheaper than you're currently paying. 

Give Sky a call on 150 for the current price and to sign up (no minimum term).

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Lin44 

The Talk packages are currently named

• Sky Pay As You Talk whereby you pay for all calls at 22ppm
  • Sky Talk Evenings & Weekends Extra whereby it's £5pm and calls are inclusive 1900-0700 each day and all day Saturday & Sunday up to an hour in duration 
  • Sky Talk Anytime Extra whereby it's £12pm with inclusive calls all day up to an hour in duration

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion