Discussion topic: Sky price increase

This message was authored by Game+on This message was authored by: Game+on

Sky price increase

Sky price increase is 8.1 % i am being charged 11%  Bill  for month is £85.50 should be £6.95 being charged £9 

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Sky price increase

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Game+on wrote:

Sky price increase is 8.1 % i am being charged 11%  Bill  for month is £85.50 should be £6.95 being charged £9 

@Game+on Afraid you are not contacting Sky's customer services on here, this is a customer to customer forum where customers help each other.

If you want to query your increase You can contact Sky by phone by dialling 150 if Sky is your phone provider or by following the link below
https://www.sky.com/help/home
scroll down to need more help click on this and you will find a phone number. If you are in ROI please change the flag at the bottom right to the ROI flag

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Sky price increase

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Game+on wrote:

It's about the numbers.

They are not applying a simple blanket percentage increase for everyone.

Sky's pricing consists of two parts.  Firstly the list price of subscription items - these are increasing and each sub by varying amounts.  The second part is your discount (if any).

Discounts do not change because of the subscription increase, your net percentage increase may be different to the headline figure publicised of around 8%.

If you were 'out of contract' then you'd probably see an increase around that amount.

For example, a £33 item could be increased to £36 - a 9.1%  increase.  But if you had a £10 discount then this would increase from £23 to £26 - a 13% net increase.

Basically, the better your discounts then the larger the net increase is...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion