Discussion topic: Sky offered package but want more money

This message was authored by Donkaz This message was authored by: Donkaz

Sky offered package but want more money

Hi

So my contract was coming to an end and I phoned sky. They made me a good offer with cinema, sports, Netflix etc which I excepted. I was then transferred to someone else for a broadband deal which I also excepted. When I got my email the broadband team hadn't added the call package I agreed too and the TV package was missing Netflix. I phoned up sky and they added the call package as everything still came out at the correct price but they want £10 more for Netflix. I even spoke to the cancellation team who made the offer and they said they can see what I was offered and it did include netflix but they still want £10 more, when I ask why I'm not getting the offer I agreed too they said they can add it for £10 more or ask the person who made the offer to look at what's happened, it's been two weeks so called again and they still saying £10. I even put a complaint in and all they do is put you back in contact with the same team. I know it's only £10 but I was thinking of leaving and only stayed because of the offer, and the fact sky won't do anything is really annoying.

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky offered package but want more money

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Donkaz wrote:

Hi

So my contract was coming to an end and I phoned sky. They made me a good offer with cinema, sports, Netflix etc which I excepted. I was then transferred to someone else for a broadband deal which I also excepted. When I got my email the broadband team hadn't added the call package I agreed too and the TV package was missing Netflix. I phoned up sky and they added the call package as everything still came out at the correct price but they want £10 more for Netflix. I even spoke to the cancellation team who made the offer and they said they can see what I was offered and it did include netflix but they still want £10 more, when I ask why I'm not getting the offer I agreed too they said they can add it for £10 more or ask the person who made the offer to look at what's happened, it's been two weeks so called again and they still saying £10. I even put a complaint in and all they do is put you back in contact with the same team. I know it's only £10 but I was thinking of leaving and only stayed because of the offer, and the fact sky won't do anything is really annoying.

Was it a one off extra £10 or an extra £10 a month?

if a one off fee that would likely be an admin charge which is quite common on contract renewals and can be £10 per discount you are offered.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Donkaz
Topic Author

£10 per month

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

I wonder if the offer included Netflix basic & the £10 extra is to upgrade to ad free.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
Donkaz
Topic Author

No it was for standard and I have no Netflix anymore

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Thanks, does the confirmation email state Netflix Standard? Have you tried signing into the Netflix app using your Sky account?
Afaik there's no longer Netflix standard, there's basic (ads) which comes with Ultimate & you can then upgrade to remove ads.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
Donkaz
Topic Author

No that's the problem the confirmation email doesn't have Netflix - but I triple checked when on the phone that it included Netflix without ads and they said yes. When I called back the person on the phone even confirmed they could see that the package should have included Netflix. But they can't understand how they were doing it for that price, and if I wanted it added straight away it would cost £10 a month - funny thing is I could have got it cheaper via an app offer. But don't see why I should pay when it was offered to me!!

As I'm in the 31 days cooling off think I might just cancel as it's been a complete shambles and I can't keep waste my time phoning them.

Sounds like the promise to add Netflix hasn't been honoured. As it cannot be added for free then perhaps cancelling is the only option.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion