Re: Sky mobile scam

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SimonStone wrote:

I have contacted :

Sky

meta

Webinar host

Sky community 

no one is interested in either taking responsibility or preventing future threats. 

Sky can't and won't take any responsibility as it wasn't on their platform, the community won't because we are just fellow customers and its absured you think anyone here should, Facebook/Meta won't because its a third party provider that you willing connected to.

Like it or not there are only 2 responsible parties you(by willing joining the webinar via a link) and the webinar host, if they won't do anything or admit and wrongdoing either from themsleves or a malicous third party(which they should be able to detect as it would have affected all connected)then you will have to chalk this up to a bad experience, pay the bill and move on. I can't honestly see the police being interested and that would realistically be your only option, and on the off chance they did take an interest its unlikely they would get the call charges dropped.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky mobile scam

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SimonStone 

Unfortunately I suspect you'll find Meta applies typically sterling effort in protecting humanity from the nasty side-effects of its rapacious profit making, by doing absolutely nothing at all.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion