Discussion topic: Sky is claiming equipment I already delivered

This message was authored by Manolodc This message was authored by: Manolodc

Sky is claiming equipment I already delivered

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for advice because so far I couldnt contact anyone at Sky that could help me...

Last year I cancelled my Sky suscription. I had Broadband and Sky TV signature.

As at home we have 4 TVs we had main Box and 3 Mini Boxes, apart from the Broadband modem.

For the return they only sent two boxes. It was a bit tight but I managed to fit all equipment, cables and remotes into the boxes and shipped them.

Now, a month after I received an email asking me to retun 2 Sky Q Mini boxes that I have already sent. I have with me the post ticket from the day I delivered the items but of course it has no details about the content 😞 

Do you believe that the declared weight of the packages can be taken as proof that the shipment was complete?

I know it's my foult because I should have taken pictures of the contents but sometimes in a hurry you just trust the system and bleieve that it will work as it should... Naive soul...

Any similar experiences or advice about how to proceed would be more than appreciated.

Thanks in advance! Have a great day!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Re: Sky is claiming equipment I already delivered

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - Spoken to @Manolodc and after checking the tracking, we have updated the boxes on the account 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

@Manolodc wrote:

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for advice because so far I couldnt contact anyone at Sky that could help me...

Last year I cancelled my Sky suscription. I had Broadband and Sky TV signature.

As at home we have 4 TVs we had main Box and 3 Mini Boxes, apart from the Broadband modem.

For the return they only sent two boxes. It was a bit tight but I managed to fit all equipment, cables and remotes into the boxes and shipped them.

Now, a month after I received an email asking me to retun 2 Sky Q Mini boxes that I have already sent. I have with me the post ticket from the day I delivered the items but of course it has no details about the content 😞 

Do you believe that the declared weight of the packages can be taken as proof that the shipment was complete?

I know it's my foult because I should have taken pictures of the contents but sometimes in a hurry you just trust the system and bleieve that it will work as it should... Naive soul...

Any similar experiences or advice about how to proceed would be more than appreciated.

Thanks in advance! Have a great day!

Don't worry - this happens all the time with hardware returns. Unipart, the company who deals with it, are notoriously slow at logging things which are returned and Sky customers have been wrongly accused of not returning equipment for several years. 

You need to ring Sky to get this sorted or wait for your post to be escalated to a Sky employee. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Manolodc 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may contact you later.

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains the process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Manolodc an invite to chat.

Thanks

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - Spoken to @Manolodc and after checking the tracking, we have updated the boxes on the account 🙂

Thanks

This message was authored by Christo3 This message was authored by: Christo3

I have the same problem. I have an email from Sky thanking me for the return and that the equipment is now with their courier but I am getting text messages and emails asking me to return their equipment. I don't know who to call or how to sort this out.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Christo3 have you retained the proof of postage?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Christo3 

As you have that email I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team should contact you later.

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Christo3.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion