Discussion topic: Sky essentials

This message was authored by Sophieleigh1 This message was authored by: Sophieleigh1

Sky essentials

Evening, ive got abit of a problem, i havent gad sky tv in over 2 years now only wifi. My last bill was very high so i rang and asked why and they said that 'sky essentials' had randomly been added to my account (not by me) and they apprently sorted the problem. However it is still showing on my next bill ans future bills can anyone give me any clarity please 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky essentials

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This link explains what Sky Essentials is:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-essentials

Basically you can view the free channels via a Sky Q box.

When did you ring Sky about this because if your next bill is due to be paid in the next 14 days or less then it is to late to remove it from this one but you should not be billed for it on the following months bill so I would suggest keeping an eye on this and after your next bill has been paid if it is still showing then you will need to call Sky again about it.

When it has been cancelled as you will not have any TV service you would then need to return your Sky Q box and this link will help you to do this:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-tv-broadband

Add a note inside with your account number and a list of equipment you have included.
Make sure you get and keep proof of posting when sending this off.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Sophieleigh1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sophieleigh1 This message was authored by: Sophieleigh1

Evening I rang yesterday and my next bill is due on the 26th September. I do not have a Sky Q box and haven't since 2022 and the tv essentials was literally added to my most recent bill none of the ones before that's why it's confusing 

If you rang yesterday then what did they say, have they cancelled it for you ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Sophieleigh1
Topic Author

He said so but it's still showing on my future bills when he said it wouldn't 

It is to late now to remove it from your next bill but it shouldn't be on your future bills if it has be cancelled so perhaps give it until after this next bill has been paid and if it is still showing on your future bill then you might want to put in a complaint via here regarding this:

https://www.sky.com/help/complaints

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion