Discussion topic: Sky VIP - waste of time !

This message was authored by Metalsoul99 This message was authored by: Metalsoul99

Sky VIP - waste of time !

By being a Diamond VIP it means exactly what ?

Is it useless giveaways - Apple tv free but only if you have Sky Q, Glass or Streaming.

If you have Sky +, tough luck.

Have a free film that is beyond garbage.

Prizes that are only for families or if you have Sky mobile.

Free Sky Cinema for two months - its absolute garbage by the way.  

And then the wonderful advice given when you have a problem due to losing channels - upgrade to Sky Q or Glass, even though you have stated time and time again it is not possible.

When your contract is coming to an end call and ask what deal can you get only to be told there are none.

Threaten to not renew and suddenly they can find a deal for you !

I have complained before but nothing comes of it, obviously Sky really only care about the money and not the customer.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky VIP - waste of time !

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Metalsoul99 wrote:

By being a Diamond VIP it means exactly what.

It means you've been a customer for more than 15 years.

Best just ignore Sky VIP if it's of no value to you.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

There's a whole host of ballots and prize draws - doesn't matter what box you have.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Metalsoul99 wrote:

Apple tv free but only if you have Sky Q, Glass or Streaming.

If you have Sky +, tough luck.

Sky+ cannot host apps because it's an antique platform (last manufactured in 2015) which Sky would very much like to wrest out of the hands of the remaining 30% of satellite television subscribers so it can be closed as a service.  Irrespective of the VIP scheme that process is ultimately inevitable: if  'free' offers seem likely to speed the transition then they will undoubtedly continue to appear.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by RichardDrewett This message was authored by: RichardDrewett

Not true. I don't have Sky Q or glass. I have Sky + and have managed to get Apple TV via a fire stick on my TV after first activating the offer on my phone (you need Apple TV app on you phone and you also need an Apple/Itunes account). You can then sign in on your TV. I have checked and it says subscription renews in 6 months.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion