Discussion topic: Sky Returned Equipment

This message was authored by DieselASFC This message was authored by: DieselASFC

Sky Returned Equipment

Hi.

I've recieved a letter from a debt collection ageny for £167. It looks like it's to do with not returning sky equipment. The problem is, I did, but it's going back at least 3 years, so proof of postage is long gone, and this is the first correspondance I've had about it. I've tried phoning Sky, but the automated system is absolutely horrendous and I can't seem to get through to the right people. Any help would be appreciated.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky Returned Equipment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DieselASFC 

Unfortunately if you get through to Sky, now that the debt has been passed to a debt collection company, all Sky would be able to do is confirm the debt collectors details and the amount owed. It seems strange that Sky haven't contacted you previously about this. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
DieselASFC
Topic Author
This message was authored by DieselASFC This message was authored by: DieselASFC

Yeah, it does. I don't even know how long ago we had Sky, but we were with them 20 years or so, then we moved and the service was worse than useless at new address. We've been with both BT and Virgin since, so it's at least 3 years ago and we're just receiving letters from a debt collection agency now.

DieselASFC
Topic Author

Update:

I've spoken to the debt collection agency and it's not for non-return of equipment, it's for leaving before the contract was up. However, in my Sky account I have a message from sky:

Thank you for getting in touch recently about your Sky subscription. Although the terms and conditions of your agreement require a minimum subscription period, due to your present situation we're prepared to cancel your subscription account.

This was because the internet and TV were dropping constantly and intermittently, we'd had techs out 2 or 3 times checking everything, but they belived it was the old telephone lines not being capable.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion