Discussion topic: Sky+HD charge when moving to fibre broadband?

This message was authored by mwarnett This message was authored by: mwarnett

Sky+HD charge when moving to fibre broadband?

Long and complex, I'm afraid.

Been Sky user for around 14 years.  Back in around '09 was upgraded by SKy to Sky+ HD from Sky HD; with multiroom, had SD upstairs, replaced by a Sky HD box.

Moving from ADSL to full fibre; this was due to a fault that occured taking out internet so felt time to upgrade.

Engineer recommended upgrading to Sky Q - had issues puting that order in, so ut note on account.  Rang up, Sky Q order couldn't be set.  

Full fibre broadband order set up and in progress.  Received an email about changes to the services and in the Sky equiopment section, said new Sky Broadband Hub is being loaned and is free but also claimed Sky+ HD was going to be received soon at a cost of £299!  Been transferred to HD department, on hold - total call to Sky this evebning has lasted 80 minutes!

The best bit is the Sky+ HD box we have NOW isns't the one Sky supplied - a few years ago, capcitors went, so power totally gone.  Rather than waiting for Sky due to a key football game beng on,called local TV engineer who replaced the Sky+ HD box!

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky+HD charge when moving to fibre broadband?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are you served by a communal dish, or do you have your own dish? I'm struggling to understand why Sky Q isn't an option and Sky want to provide Sky+ instead (even though you already have it).

mwarnett
Topic Author

Apologies, don;t always explain thjngs well ( am autistic ).

I'll try again 😉

Got SKy when moved here 14 years ago; ADSL, Sky Talk, Sky TV.  Had HD box in living room, SD box in bedrooom under multiroom.

Around '09 Sky offered a free update (presuably to get rid of SD box), so living room became Sky+HD box, bedroom standard HD box.

Around 4-5 years ago, the capacitors went in the Sky+HD box.  It was dead.  As football game on, contacted local TV engineer who supplied a new Sky+ HD box as a replacement.

We've had issues with the internet, got worse recently, thing router was on way out - orignal one from 14 years ago.  After lightning recently, lost  all internet,  Rang Sky at 8:20, was on hold until 9pm when support line cutoff.  Contacted local engineer who supplied new router.

Slky engineer was booked about the internet, arrived a few days later and recommended fill fibre, showing the deals.  He then booked that in, order in progress fine.  He also showed deals I could get to replace old legacy bundles I was on when gonig to Sky Q, so tried to book that in - he couldn't so got a note put on account,.

Rang support, woman saw the note, tried to book Sky Q but couldn't.

Looking through emails (one went into spam folder) about changes being made relating to the full fibre upgrade; in the Sky equipment section, it makes a reference to "Sky+HD should be arriving soon", £299.00.

Rang suprt about this; was able to inally order Sky Q but also wanted this charge looked into.  Waiting on hold and the initial call took over an hour, with regards to the Sky+HD, appears may be an initial charge had to be paid - was nevber communicated to me at the time, never added to the bill.  Operator transferred me to HD department - still on hold, total call length to night, 1hr 40m.

Wondering if anyone had encountered this before.

mwarnett
Topic Author

And now cut off at 9pm.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@mwarnett Sky often deal with free upgrades by making the charge and then issueing a mstching credit. Assuming your account is not showing a debt I wouldn't worry about the message. Hope your new broadband upgrad goes smoothly.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@mwarnett wrote:

Looking through emails (one went into spam folder) about changes being made relating to the full fibre upgrade; in the Sky equipment section, it makes a reference to "Sky+HD should be arriving soon", £299.00.

Rang suprt about this; was able to inally order Sky Q but also wanted this charge looked into.  Waiting on hold and the initial call took over an hour, with regards to the Sky+HD, appears may be an initial charge had to be paid - was nevber communicated to me at the time, never added to the bill.  Operator transferred me to HD department - still on hold, total call length to night, 1hr 40m.

Ah, OK, @mwarnett I think I've got it - Sky won't agree the upgrade to Sky Q because they believe there's a long outstanding charge for a Sky+HD box, which presumably hasn't come to light until now. Is that right?

If so, I've not seen anything like it reported before. If I've got it right, all you can do is follow it up with Sky, I'm afraid.

If you wish, we can ask the Community escalation team to contact you jere via their private online messaging service.

mwarnett
Topic Author

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

It would make sense given the inability to put in Sky Q order; customer service last night said that was due to needing the fibre upgrade to go in first so organised a callback for the day after the scheduled fibre upgrade.

COntacts support via facebook as couldn't face another 9 years on the phone only to be cutoff, but they just repeated everything I already knew tbh.

If they are claiming there's a charge for the sky+hd box that will be replaced with Sky Q, then they can go whistle - at no stage over many years has it been communicated there's a charge for the box or attempted to get that charge paid before.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion