Discussion topic: SKY DEBT

This message was authored by GaryKite This message was authored by: GaryKite

SKY DEBT

AFTER BEING A CUSTOMER FOR OVER THIRTY YEARS DUE TO FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES WE HAD TO CANCEL ARE TV PACKAGE. I GAVE SKY THE NOTICE AS I PAY IN ADVANCE I BELIVED THAT MY TV PACKAGE WOULD WORK FOR THIRTY DAYS NO THAT WAS NOT THE CASE THEY CUT ME OFF STRAIGHT AWAY AND SENT A BOX FOR THE EQUIPMENT. I RETURNED THE EQUIPMENT I AM BEING CHASED FOR £96 THEY HAVE INSTRUCTED A DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY. BEING A SKY CUSTOMER MEANS NOTHING TO SKY THEY ARE A LAW TO THEMSELVES 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: SKY DEBT

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GaryKite 

Are Sky saying the outstanding debt is for non payment of your subscription or failing to return the loaned equipment? If it's for non return have you kept your proof of posting?

Unipart are the company that deal with returns. Prior to Christmas returns were taking 2+ weeks to be processed at their warehouse. Let us know in this thread about the proof of posting and we can maybe get you some help from the Messaging Team otherwise you'll have to deal with the Debt Collection company.

If you have the proof it should be a fairly straightforward process. If you haven’t retained it, any cancellation of non return fees would be at Skys discretion.

Please don’t try to post an image of the Royal Mail tracking or postal receipt as Sky don’t allow them on the forum.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: SKY DEBT

hey I feel for ya im actually owed money from sky which is what I had in credit and because they have messed up payment that never reached my bank account 

I yes me the customer have to faf around getting bank statements and calling my bank to prove I've had no payment 

you make a valid point maybe I should instruct a debt collection agency to act on my behalf..... hmmmmm..

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion