Discussion topic: Returning sky equipment

This message was authored by JWKS1991 This message was authored by: JWKS1991

Returning sky equipment

I have received a letter stating I am going to be charged for not returning my sky equipment after I cancelled my contract. I have been having building work carried out at my property so haven't been living there for months - I have now moved back in but can't locate any packaging sent my sky in order to return the equipment (it may be the builders accidentally threw it away as was having significant work carried out). Please can you re-send any packaging I need in order to return the equipment and I will return ASAP? Please can you also cancel the penalty charge as I will return this equipment as soon as I've received the new packaging. Thank you, John Walter

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Returning sky equipment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JWKS1991 
There will be no automatic contact from Sky due to you posting on here as this is primarily a customer helps customer forum and you’re not talking to Sky Customer Services. Sky won't cancel charges until they have the equipment back and it has been processed.

You can use any packaging as long as it’s secure and you may want to put a note inside with your account number and a list of equipment that is included. This link explains about how to receive an email with your return labels through Royal Mail.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-tv-broadband

If you haven’t anything suitable contact Sky again and see if they’ll re-send. Keep your proof of posting very safe and indefinitely as Unipart, who handle the UK returns, don’t appear to be that well organised. Also, if you use Royal Mail’s collect from home service, keep a record of the tracking number.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Returning sky equipment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JWKS1991 we're customers here. You can use your own packaging if you have something suitable as explained here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-tv-broadband-t2

If you need Sky to re-send packaging, you'll need to contact them direct.

Be sure to obtain and keep proof of posting.

The penalty charge is levied automatically, but Sky will refund it once the equipment has been returned. We can ask the messaging team to contact you via the forum in order that you can request the refund at that time, if you wish.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion