Discussion topic: Returning equipment

This message was authored by Emma311016 This message was authored by: Emma311016

Returning equipment

I've returned my Sky equipment and have the proof of postage receipts however, am still being emailed to ask for the equipment to be returned. I've tracked the parcel and it's marked as the post office had it but no further updates and this was over a month ago 😩 I called Royal Mail and they said it looks like the item is lost. I've contacted Sky and waiting for a response - has anyone else experienced this? I don't want to be charged for equipment I actually did return! 🙈

Best Answers
Emma311016
Topic Author
This message was authored by Emma311016 This message was authored by: Emma311016 Answer

Re: Returning equipment

Thank you all - I've been in touch with the complaints department who have resolved the issue 👍🏻

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Emma311016 

This is not uncommon, you would need to talk to Sky, they may ask for the proof of postage.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Emma311016 

How long ago did you contact Sky? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Emma311016
Topic Author
This message was authored by Emma311016 This message was authored by: Emma311016

Today - I just got off the phone with someone who said they would stop the correspondence regarding returning equipment but I'm not convinced that I won't receive a charge

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Emma311016 wrote:

Today - I just got off the phone with someone who said they would stop the correspondence regarding returning equipment 

@Emma311016 

If you receive any more reminders post again in this thread and we can get you some help via the Messaging Team. Keep that proof of posting safe and indefinitely. 

Sky customer since 2001
Emma311016
Topic Author

Just received a message from Sky this morning:

Hi. Following our previous reminders, we've applied a charge to your account as we haven't received our Sky equipment back. For more info go to sky.com/returns

So all my previous complaint did was stop the 'return your equipment' messages, and didn't acknowledge I have actually sent them back!

@Emma311016 

Did you keep the proof of posting as I recommended? 

Sky customer since 2001
Emma311016
Topic Author

100% and kept a photo 

@Emma311016 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and their Messaging Team should contact you later.

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Emma311016.

Emma311016
Topic Author

Hi,

I've just received another email saying I still owe money for this and that it will be passed to a debt collection agency, despite being told several times that there is no charge to pay every time I contact sky. There's definitely something not being communicated here!! Any help to get to the bottom of this would be appreciated!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Emma311016 

I have alerted the chat team again to your latest post so look out for the chat bubble.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent Emma311016  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this invite now due to no response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

Emma311016
Topic Author
This message was authored by Emma311016 This message was authored by: Emma311016 Answer

Thank you all - I've been in touch with the complaints department who have resolved the issue 👍🏻

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion