Discussion topic: Returned equipment charge

This message was authored by Disgruntledplus This message was authored by: Disgruntledplus

Returned equipment charge

Sent my hub back, took a photo and have the receipt from Post Office. Tracking number says its been received at the logistics hub but guess what - Sky still applying a £50.00 charge to my account.

Why can't they sort out the inefficiencies at the depot rather than threating abiding customers?

How can I send the photo evidence of packaged equipment and proof of posting to Sky without that getting lost / ignored as well?

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Returned equipment charge

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DisgruntledplusYou would be quicker giving Sky a call to resolve this and get this charge taken off your account.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Disgruntledplus 

You can post a copy of the post office receipt showing the tracking number and we can ecsalate to sky

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@cookiemonsterukThought with the time of day would be quicker calling in to Sky rather than waiting till tomorrow.

Disgruntledplus
Topic Author
This message was authored by Disgruntledplus This message was authored by: Disgruntledplus

Thanks i attach copy of receipt and photo of goods - i even kept the original box so all went back.

Even return the Sky letter with the references listed so they can't deny they had the necessary details and all equipment returned. 2022-12-31 11.22.37.jpg2023-02-03 20.02.01.jpg

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Do you want to call Sky and give them the tracking number or do you want us to alert the messaging team who will contact you sometime tomorrow via a chat bubble on here. When they do make contact you have 48 hours to reply.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Disgruntledplus
Topic Author

Thanks,

Please escalate to the messaging team. I've tried to call but you guessed it on hold for more than 20 minutes and gave up. So, so difficult to get to speak to anyone for a customer facing business.

As I no longer have a Sky landline I don't want it to cost me any more to correct their error - I can't back charge them.. There has to be a way of emailing this evidence or webchatting to get such issues resolved. Utterly frustrating to have to resort to forums like this to get my money back - but appreciate your help all the same, thanks again.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Disgruntledplus  I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble.

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Highlinder 

Wasn't sure if giving tracking numbers over the phone would be the best option as i didn't think call centre would be able to waive charges 👍

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

@cookiemonsteruk  They can check the tracking number via track and trace to see that it was indeed returned. Then enable them to stop the charge or give the refund.

This message was authored by K-D This message was authored by: K-D

I am having this same problem. 

After cancelling my subscription the lady on the phone said that I would need to return the equipment so that same week I boxed it up and sent it back.

A few days ago I got a message from sky saying that they are sending me packaging to return my equipment.

I need to contact sky somehow to give them my proof of posting (I kept the receipt from the post office) but there is no way of doing this?? So I'm posting on here. I'm so confused why it's so difficult to sort issues like this out. I'm going round in circles!! So frustrating. I would really like to resolve this before I am charged for 'unreturned' items.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@K-D 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you sometime tomorrow regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent @discuntleplus and @K-D an invite to chat 🙂 

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @Disgruntledplus and arranged for hub charges to be removed, thanks again for the escalation have a great weekend 🙂

Posted by a Sky employee

update:

spoke with both @Disgruntledplus and @K-D  and resolved issue(s)

Thanks again for the escalations and be sure to enjoy what little is left of the weekend 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion