Discussion topic: Re: Order Cancellation not completed

This message was authored by Raj_10 This message was authored by: Raj_10

Re: Order Cancellation not completed

We are facing the same issue. SKY is so difficult to deal with. After being with Sky for 14 years, we had instructed Sky to cancel all our subscription (Sky TV, Broadband and Talk) after taking necessary 30 days notice period into account in July 2023. The lady mentioned that they would confirm the exact last date of service, but received no confirmation. So, I called again in a few days and then again and again. At each instance, a record was made of the cancellation. In the first week of October, a connection with a Third-party provider was refused by Sky. This has caused me to miss my work. Harassed by numerous email and post about connections being still active in October, I have lost all respect for Sky. Today, I called the number and having chosen 'Disconnections of all services' and waited 40 mins on the phone, the representative said that he can manage Sky TV only and will have to pass me to another person for Broadband disconnection and put me at the back f the queue. 

Sky owes me a refund for the connections provided beyond the 30 day period. 

All the message about Sky Gold / Diamond members is humbug. 

Very very unhappy with Sky

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you're switching to another broadband provider, there's no need to cancel with Sky (unless it's Virgin). Just sign up with the provider you choose and they'll cancel your Sky service. You do have to cancel Sky TV with Sky.

Raj_10
Topic Author
This message was authored by Raj_10 This message was authored by: Raj_10

• Thanks Mark39, for your reply.

Understand your explanation, but it worked to the contrary.

Now broadband had given me a go-live date of 8th Oct, but cancelled it with a reason that Sky is already connected to my line and will not allow a Third party to take-over. On further discussions with Now a second attempt is being done for 14th Oct.

I include below a copy+paste of NOW's regret text.

Secondly, Sky have completely ignored my request to disconnect all services in the third week of July.

"Hi, it's NOW. Unfortunately, there's been an issue with your recent NOW Broadband order. Please call us as soon as you can on 03xxxxx50."

Thanks & Regards

Raj

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Raj_10 I'm not an expert on this, so do check with Sky, but my understanding is that if you have actually successfully given notice to cancel your broadband service with Sky, no other provider can take over your line. They will have to wait until your service is,disconnected before re-provisioning your line which will take around 2 weeks. That might explain NOW's message.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion