Discussion topic: Please help, I called sky customer line, changed my permit date to 27, now am seeing 24th why?

This message was authored by Queeneth This message was authored by: Queeneth

Please help, I called sky customer line, changed my permit date to 27, now am seeing 24th why?

I called sky, to change my debit date to from 6th to 27th monthly , but now am seeing 24th on my sky account..why?

secondly the amount am to pay have increased why? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

Re: Please help, I called sky customer line, changed my permit date to 27, now am seeing 24th why?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The 6th will be skipped and a larger payment taken as it will cover a longer period than usual.

However, it may be on the wrong date - you'll have to call again to see if they can change it.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Please help, I called sky customer line, changed my permit date to 27, now am seeing 24th why?

On what date did you call Sky to make this change as it might be to late for the bill to be taken on the 27th of this month as the bill itself is created 14 days earlier, so if you wanted this date you would have needed to call Sky on 13th July or earlier. 

So is it July 24th you are seeing or 24th August as your next billing date ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Bills are recalculated which means they can be temporarily higher or lower.

Queeneth
Topic Author

I called sky on 5th July to change my debit date from 6th monthly to 27th every month. 

I was debited on 6th July, which I understand.

but am confused why sky customer service agreed to change my date to 27th monthly, but am seeing 24th for August. And 23rd monthly for future permit 

secondly, my  phone permit have doubled, subscription doubled, airdrop doubled. 

Am seeing my mix 24th August -23september  all doubled in amount 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

The 6th will be skipped and a larger payment taken as it will cover a longer period than usual.

However, it may be on the wrong date - you'll have to call again to see if they can change it.

Queeneth
Topic Author

Ok. Thanks 

@Queeneth wrote:

but am confused why sky customer service agreed to change my date to 27th monthly, but am seeing 24th for August.

Not sure why they happened unless it was something to do with the fact that on the day you called (5th July) your 6 July bill had yet to be paid ?

@Queeneth wrote:

Am seeing my mix 24th August -23september  all doubled in amount 

You should also see an amount for 5th August to 23rd August which will explain why that bill is more.

You can change your billing date yourself as this can be done via the MySky app or online:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bill/change-payment-date

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Queeneth
Topic Author

For example if maybe my  total bill for a year is 100pounds, and monthly is 10pounds, 

and this month am paying 20pounds because it doubled. Hope my total bill will decrease x2?

As stated above it is because the bill covers a longer period that the usual 4 weeks due to the date change so you are not actually paying more as you are paying for the days/weeks that the bill covers.

Queeneth
Topic Author

If am owing sky 1200 pounds. And I pay 30pounds monthly , but due to changes in payment date. I paid 60pounds instead of 30pounds.. 

does it mean 60pounds will be removed from the 1200pounds? Remaining 1140?

I just need to understand if maybe I pay double in one month, does the double payment amount get deducted from the total I owe? 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Billing is fully daily pro-rata.  The bills will clearly state the period and rate they cover.

It's not done on a total amount with deductions for each payment.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion