Discussion topic: Package

This message was authored by broughtont This message was authored by: broughtont

Package

Need to talk to someone to discuss package I am not in contract at the moment. Current bill due March 1st not paid 

Best Answers
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

Re: Package

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@broughtont wrote:

Need to talk to someone to discuss package I am not in contract at the moment. Current bill due March 1st not paid 

However, you are still bound by contract which means you have to pay.

The term 'in contract' refers to discounts.  You have to keep paying until you give notice to leave.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@broughtont If you want to speak to someone you will have to call customer service.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

There are a few ways to contact Sky about this including using a messaging service as you can see via the Contact Us button under Downgrade here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/change-your-package-2

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@broughtont wrote:
Current bill due March 1st not paid 

@broughtont 
Contact Sky asap. The normal procedure is if you have a Direct Debit set up and the payment fails on the normal payment date Sky will attempt it again 10 calendar days later. Don’t necessarily be tempted to make a manual payment at this point as you may end up paying twice. If that second attempt also fails Sky may send a text and/or email notifying you that your payment has failed again and you then have 2/3 days before they restrict your services.

If you have a Continuous Card payment method set up, once the payment fails you apparently don’t have the luxury of that second attempt. Sky send the text/email notification about the failed payment and you usually have about 2/3 days before being restricted.

This is all an automated process and from what we’ve been told Sky Customer Service agents can’t stop it even if you’re told otherwise.
Sky don’t allow payment plans (except on a legitimately closed account) or a promise to pay on or by a certain date. This link may also provide some advice
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cost-of-living-support

If your services end up being restricted you will:-
(1) have to pay what you owe in full
(2) set up a new continuous payment method
(3) wait for the payment to reach Skys account.
Then your services should be reinstated automatically but not necessarily instantly.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

@broughtont wrote:

However, you are still bound by contract which means you have to pay.

The term 'in contract' refers to discounts.  You have to keep paying until you give notice to leave.

broughtont
Topic Author
This message was authored by broughtont This message was authored by: broughtont

How do I give notice to leave or change package when I ring I'm put onto and automatic number which wants my bank details only

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@broughtont wrote:

How do I give notice to leave or change package when I ring I'm put onto and automatic number which wants my bank details only

Give them the details, pay and then discuss with them.  You have to give 31 days notice to leave and have to continue paying.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion