Discussion topic: Online Contract Renewal

This message was authored by Barisax This message was authored by: Barisax

Online Contract Renewal

My contract ends in a few weeks and I am being offered an online renewal price which is more than my current price but less than full price.  Before deciding whether to go ahead I have a couple of questions about it which I'm hoping someone here can answer:

(i) Does the new contract start immediately or when my current contract ends - if the former, then I will save money by waiting until the last minute before renewing

(ii) I have been advised by Sky that prices are rising on 27th August - will the online offer be subject to the same price rise, or is it built in?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Online Contract Renewal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Without seeing the T&Cs of this renewal offer Inwould have thought it would start as soon as you accept it.

Sky usually has an annual increase in April of each year so if there is an increase you will see the increase as well as it is the price before your discount that will increase, the actual discount is fixed for the term of the contract.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Online Contract Renewal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Barisax wrote:

My contract ends in a few weeks and I am being offered an online renewal price which is more than my current price but less than full price.  Before deciding whether to go ahead I have a couple of questions about it which I'm hoping someone here can answer:

(i) Does the new contract start immediately or when my current contract ends - if the former, then I will save money by waiting until the last minute before renewing

(ii) I have been advised by Sky that prices are rising on 27th August - will the online offer be subject to the same price rise, or is it built in?

Strictly your contract is not ending - unless you've given the requisite notice.  (It's just the discounts that are ending)

Generally, a new set of discounts will begin 'immediately' so delaying for a while could be beneficial if the new discounts aren't so good.

There's no increase I'm aware of - as noted, prices where increased in April.  The contract says prices can only increase once in any 12 month period.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion