Discussion topic: On my TV im offered a £9 upgrade to Sky Cinema, but when I proceed the cost is £10.

This message was authored by Pete1Clarke This message was authored by: Pete1Clarke

On my TV im offered a £9 upgrade to Sky Cinema, but when I proceed the cost is £10.

Im interested in upgrading to Sky Cinema as i saw the offer on my SKY homepage for £9 per month. However whenever i try to oroceed with this, it increases to £10 per month. How can i get the offer being shown please?  Thanks for any help

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: On my TV im offered a £9 upgrade to Sky Cinema, but when I proceed the cost is £10.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This could be due to how the billing works as it might depend on what date you are billed on each month so if your next bill is due to be paid within the next week or two then should you add Sky Cinema now you would be billed for it for 5 or 6 weeks hence the £10 price against your next bill. You could always call Sky to see what they say and if they can apply this offer for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Krazeekiwi This message was authored by: Krazeekiwi

Re: On my TV im offered a £9 upgrade to Sky Cinema, but when I proceed the cost is £10.

Hi sorry this reply won't be helpful to you, but rather to say a similar thing has happened to me. I am a new to Sky Stream but a Sky Gold VIP customer, and was very recently offered a Cinema subscription offer of £9 pm. I was mulling it over for a couple of weeks when suddenly the offer disappeared, and the rate now advertised is £13 pm. I had also just cancelled Ad Free to save some cash towards taking on Cinema...makes me wonder if Sky stopped my Cinema offer because I stopped Ad Free, losing them £5... so, like you, I'd like to know if I can still take up the £9 offer for Cinema?

This message was authored by RandomGirl This message was authored by: RandomGirl

The exact same thing has just happened to me. I was considering Paramount and it was offering me Sky Cinema for £9pm with free Paramount three days ago. I was all the way in about to upgrade and got distracted. Today I've gone to sign up and it's jumped to £13pm! Now I don't want it out of principle....

This message was authored by Krazeekiwi This message was authored by: Krazeekiwi

Hi yes its the principle involved! Carrot on a stick, if you're a donkey.. which we're not! i It must be a time-limited offer, very limited by the looks. My ire rattled, I phoned Customer Service; a bit of a pain to get through to but helpful, as after I explained what happened, he altered my plan to the now-you-see-it, now-you-don't offer. They will give you the offer as they wont want to lose a customer. And it's the principle at stake! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion