Discussion topic: Netflix account is not correct email

This message was authored by SecretPalemerk This message was authored by: SecretPalemerk

Netflix account is not correct email

I have used Netflix through my Sky subscription since 2020 and have previously been able to log in to Netflix using my email address. Since renewing my Sky package a few months ago, I can no longer log into Netflix - it says my email is not a recognised user name. Having checked my account on my Sky Q box, the email address which is now connected to my Netflix account is not mine. This means I cannot log into my Netflix account (I don't have the password, and the reset would go to the email address which isn't mine). Netflix say I need to resolve with Sky, and the Sky FAQs say I need to resolve with Netflix. Any advice on how I resolve this? I can currently only use Netflix on my Sky Q box, but I need to be able to login on other devices too

Best Answers
This message was authored by SteveSully This message was authored by: SteveSully Answer

Re: Netflix account is not correct email

I ended up going on chat and explaining the situation. It appears my account could have been hacked. 

I gave them the information they asked for and they reinstated the account to the proper email after I changed my password and added a mobile number for extra security.

https://help.netflix.com/en/interface/chat 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SteveSully This message was authored by: SteveSully

Same for me.  How do we access the email if it isn't ours.  Also does anyone reply to these?

SecretPalemerk
Topic Author
This message was authored by SecretPalemerk This message was authored by: SecretPalemerk

Looks like lots of people get responses, but not this one unfortunately 😞

Afraid I've not been able to find out the answer yet. So still don't have Netflix access on other devices

Best of luck

This message was authored by SteveSully This message was authored by: SteveSully Answer

I ended up going on chat and explaining the situation. It appears my account could have been hacked. 

I gave them the information they asked for and they reinstated the account to the proper email after I changed my password and added a mobile number for extra security.

https://help.netflix.com/en/interface/chat 

SecretPalemerk
Topic Author

@SteveSully Legend - that's it all sorted. I'm sure I tried this first time round, but I guess I got the automated response. Looks like the trick is to make sure you're chatting with an agent rather than the auto-response!  Thanks again buddy

This message was authored by Brendankelly This message was authored by: Brendankelly

Hi,

i had the same issue, logged out of all devices , changed my Netflix password and joined again on sky and all fine now

hope that helps

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion