Discussion topic: My contract ends in march the 24th can I ring sky on the 24 of April and end my contract with them w

This message was authored by Robt1970 This message was authored by: Robt1970

My contract ends in march the 24th can I ring sky on the 24 of April and end my contract with them w

My contract ends on the 24th of march can I ring sky and end my contract on the 24th of April 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: My contract ends in march the 24th can I ring sky on the 24 of April and end my contract with th

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If your contracts ends on the 24th March for the sim then you can call Sky anytime you want to cancel it meaning the number will be lost.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Robt1970
Topic Author

Re: My contract ends in march the 24th can I ring sky on the 24 of April and end my contract with th

Just mean my broadband and TV package 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Fit the TV you have to give 31 days notice and 14 days for the broadband so you are free to do this whenever you want.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Robt1970 

Is there a reason you want to wait till 24 April if your discounts ended 2 days ago? You'll still have to give Sky the appropriate notice (31 days for TV and 14 days for Broadband/Talk). 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Robt1970
Topic Author

I'm so sorry my contract ends 24th of may I put the wrong month

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@Robt1970 

Is there a reason you want to wait till 24 April if your discounts ended 2 days ago? You'll still have to give Sky the appropriate notice (31 days for TV and 14 days for Broadband/Talk). 

Perhaps they meant May ?? 🤔

Oops, didn't see reply

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
Robt1970
Topic Author

So If I end it on 24th April I will not owe them anything for may when my contract ends 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Robt1970 wrote:

So If I end it on 24th April I will not owe them anything for may when my contract ends 

You will be charged right up to the day your contract ends.  (i.e. at the end of the relevant notice period once served)

HOWEVER, you will be billed past that date as billing continues completely as normal (bills produced 14 days before payment date) including the month in advance.  The following bill will generate a credit that should be refunded within 6 weeks.

You may want to chase it earlier once the credit appears.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Robt1970
Topic Author

Do I cancel my direct debit as well 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Robt1970 wrote:

Do I cancel my direct debit as well 

@Robt1970 

Not immediately. That's the method Sky will use to reimburse you any overpayment. Otherwise they'll have to raise a cheque and post it out which will take longer. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion