Discussion topic: Moving house - had to start a new contract

This message was authored by BeZ0 This message was authored by: BeZ0

Moving house - had to start a new contract

Hi, we are moving house this week and last week I phoned sky to ask about moving my broadband, phone and TV package to the new address. I have about 12 months left of the 18 month contract but I was told I would need a new contract due to moving house. The price has gone up by 25% but they mentioned to phone after we have moved and they will "try and make it match" the old price.

Just wondering what other experiences people have had with moving. Is this practice normal? I was just expecting to move the existing contract to the new address but was told this isn't possible.

Thanks! 

All Replies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Moving house - had to start a new contract

This is true.you cannot process a home move without recontracting unfortunately. 

BeZ0
Topic Author

Thanks, just thought it was slightly odd but glad it's not a mistake if that's normal. Thanks for answering! 

This message was authored by Dutch36 This message was authored by: Dutch36

Did you have to pay anything for coming out of your contract early when you moved ? I move in a weeks time. 

BeZ0
Topic Author

Hi Dutch, 

It wasn't mentioned that I'd have to pay a penalty or an early fee, just agreement for a new contract. As I've been with Sky for a few years and a VIP Silver member (I think) this means I can move at no additional cost in terms of fees/installation fees etc. 

This message was authored by Dutch36 This message was authored by: Dutch36

When you booked your home move appointment did they cut your broadband straight away. I've read they do that. I'll need broadband till the day I move.  But they say need to book in advance to moving. Hope that makes sense 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion