Discussion topic: I received a call from sky

This message was authored by alienmitch2529 This message was authored by: alienmitch2529

Re: I received a call from sky

Just recieved a call supposedly from Sky!  When I said hello , no response just a blank line with voices in the back ground. So I ended the call!  I then got 2 calls so left them to voicemail &  everyone no message just a blank line.

Sky did call me the other day yet not the number that has repeatable called today ,  asking if I wanted to add another electronic device to insurance. I said no as I did not need it. Now the calls keep coming . 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@alienmitch2529 wrote:

asking if I wanted to add another electronic device to insurance. I said no as I did not need it. 

@alienmitch2529 

That call would have been Sky Protect run by Domestic and General Insurance not Sky (but endorsed by Sky). Some of their agents do have the annoying habit of saying they are ringing from Sky. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by SammieJ23 This message was authored by: SammieJ23

I just received a call from this number - the man was very pushy even though I said to please take me off the list/I've signed up with another provider/I need to think about it and speak to my husband - he kept pushing and then said this makes clear economic sense to a rational person. I said are you calling me irational? He said no, I have an economics degree so I'm going to use it (?!?!) Then he said it's irrational what you're doing and he put the phone down!

This was really unpleasant. Left me feeling very anxious. 

I can't find a way to make a complaint about this person. I've called a phone number and he gave me an address to write to - seems ridiculous. 

I'd be careful accepting calls from this number.

This message was authored by kac55 This message was authored by: kac55

The extra bit of annoyance at calls from Sky...

they wouldn't transfer our number when we joined and gave us a "new" number, which they keep ringing asking for "Joanne" and asking if she left Sky because she couldn't afford it.

When I try to explain that we are with Sky and only recently joined, they say they can't talk to me if I am not Joanne.

When I ask them to stop ringing, they can't can't the number off of their system because it's Joanne's number and only she can ask them to stop ringing.

Agghhhh ! Eighteen months of this !

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@kac55 activate the Sky Talk Shield. You can block the calling number.

This message was authored by kac55 This message was authored by: kac55

Thanks Mark39 - we don't appear to have had any info on Talk Shield. I've just read a bit about it on my Sky acount page, although it says that it isn't working correctly at the moment. Sounds an ideal solution though, so I will come back to it when I have more time. Thanks again !

This message was authored by aam This message was authored by: aam

regarding this number, Sky states that it's genuine and can be trusted, but I gave false info on the security check and the Indian woman accepted it as correct. needles to say I hung up.

Moderator note: Removed unneeded spacing 

The number is genuine, but any number can be spoofed by a scammer, so it's always wise to be cautious and ask how the caller can verify their identity to you.

This message was authored by alienmitch2529 This message was authored by: alienmitch2529

After my original post I have now recieved 13 calls from the same number! I called sky using the number on my sky app (same as number that's been calling)  Yet I was right not one of the calls had been from Sky Protect. If your unsure put the phone down & you can find the sky number on your bill or just use the Sky App. Better safe than sorry !!! 

This message was authored by Gunners75 This message was authored by: Gunners75

Just received a call from this number stating he could save me money on my Sky package for loyal customers.

I asked for the number i could call him back on as i was about to step into a meeting and funnily enough he hung up.

Defo a scam call - so ignore anyone else on here stating it's a bona fide Sky number as it's obviously not.

Was also Indian.

Blocked

This message was authored by StIvesSky This message was authored by: StIvesSky

I have also just received a call from this number.  Some guy was saying he was from Sky telling me that he wanted to try to get me a better Sky deal.  I only renewed my contract with Sky last week so why are they calling me now.  I actually thought it was a spoof so I hung up.

This message was authored by SAF64 This message was authored by: SAF64

Received call today saying they could reduce bills but then started asking for passwords etc. so I hung up ...

This message was authored by KazLC This message was authored by: KazLC

Sky clearly need to train their staff better. For 2nd time this week I have had calls from this new Sky number  - they either don't speak when you answer or speak briefly before hanging up !

This message was authored by Chris+the+dd This message was authored by: Chris+the+dd

I received a call from this number and it seemed a legitimate call from sky, and he wanted to offer me a discount ,but the caller asked me to complete some security questions, My name, my address, my post code. He then wanted further security questions to complete his security list so I argued he had enough of my info and he should tell me what he is offering as he made the call to me and not visa versa. He said he couldn't complete the security without further info and he wanted my mothers maiden name which I reluctantly gave him,which he asked me to spell. When I spelt it he said the spelling was incorrect on his screen, I explained I know how to spell my mothers maiden name and again  he had enough security to know that I am who he called. He said he needed my password to complete security which I refused to give him, after a minute or two of arguing I insisted he wasn't getting my password so the call was ended...

am I being paranoid or is that a bit over the top regarding needing to answer questions to a caller that could be any one. Sky need to make these calls simpler by giving you an ID code that can can be relayed to a sky caller.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion