Discussion topic: I have a problem with my internet contract.

This message was authored by Pawel7231 This message was authored by: Pawel7231

I have a problem with my internet contract.

Hello . I have a problem with the internet contract. I got a notification on my profile from SKY that as of 03/05/2023 I will have a canceled internet and TV contract. I don't know why sky wants to cancel my contract which I have already had for half a year. I pay my bills regularly, I have Direct Debit. I did not ask for early termination because I am satisfied with SKY's services, so why would SKY want to cancel my contract which I have signed until 19/05/2024? Have any of you had this situation before? Best Regards Pawel. Please help.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: I have a problem with my internet contract.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pawel7231 

If you are satisfied the notification is genuine and from Sky you'll need to contact them. If you are the account holder you are the only person who would be able to cancel. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@Pawel7231 

If you are satisfied the notification is genuine and from Sky you'll need to contact them. If you are the account holder you are the only person who would be able to cancel. 

Sky customer since 2001
Pawel7231
Topic Author

Thank you for your answer. The worst thing is that my account shows that I want to transfer the SKY service to another service provider, which is nonsense because I have not declared anything like that. Someone called SKY, I think some service provider must have transferred my internet on my behalf, which is not true. I called SKY but I can't quite figure out the answering machine there. I don't know what to do and on May 3, 2023 they will disconnect my internet connection I have no other contact with SKY. I don't understand how this could have happened since I didn't order it. I am devastated. How can I cancel the internet without the customer requesting this action. Still the stress.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Pawel7231 

To get clarification on this I think you'll have to call Sky and explain your predicament. If you already have a Sky Mobile or on your Sky Talk landline call free by just dialling 150, otherwise you can use:
https://www.sky.com/help/home
UK: Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number.
ROI: change the flag in the bottom right corner of the link to the ROI flag then scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0818 number.
(The forum doesn’t allow us to type the numbers in full).

As with most large companies the start will be automated but stay on the line and don’t hang up if you’re prompted to.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Pawel7231 what has probably happened is that someone else trying to switch their broadband/phone service has quoted your phone number by mistake.

The safety net which prevents such mistakes happening is to contact the owner of the phone number (that is, you in this case) to confirm that it's what they want. It's vital, therefore, to let Sky know swiftly that it's a mistake and you don't want to switch.

Pawel7231
Topic Author

Hello. Recently I wrote that someone is trying to cancel my contract with SKY. I called support as advised on the SKY support forum. Contract cancellation has been undone. Two days later the problem returned. Is this some distasteful joke? Has someone stolen my personal information from SKY and is canceling my contract. I do not know what to do. How many more times will I have to call SKY? Please help because it's too stressful. Does SKY have any problems because I didn't cancel my contract and if I didn't cancel my contract then who? By what right does someone cancel my contract without my knowledge or consent?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Pawel7231 

You'll need to call Sky again and explain this has happened again. They may be able to investigate why this has repeated. 

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion