Discussion topic: Fibre to the home as opposed to the cabinet

This message was authored by Monicks46 This message was authored by: Monicks46

Fibre to the home as opposed to the cabinet

I am out of contract and am thinking of switching Sky Fibre BB and Sky Talk to another provider. Firstly, am I allowed to do this and still keep all my current TV subscription without penalty as in more £s per month for TV?! I probably would not be thinking of switching if Sky had a digital fibre connection to the home (is it available?) and the price is same or under the provider that has approached us. Is there no email / whatsapp way to contact Sky with queries? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Fibre to the home as opposed to the cabinet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Monicks46 wrote:

Firstly, am I allowed to do this and still keep all my current TV subscription without penalty as in more £s per month for TV?!

You can switch to another broadband customer if you want and doing so shouldn't see your TV bill increasing as they are not usually bundled together.

@Monicks46 wrote:

Is there no email / whatsapp way to contact Sky with queries? 

There isn't so if you don't want to call another option is to make contact via their social media sites, links of which can e found at the bottom of the page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@Monicks46 wrote:

Firstly, am I allowed to do this and still keep all my current TV subscription without penalty as in more £s per month for TV?!

You can switch to another broadband customer if you want and doing so shouldn't see your TV bill increasing as they are not usually bundled together.

@Monicks46 wrote:

Is there no email / whatsapp way to contact Sky with queries? 

There isn't so if you don't want to call another option is to make contact via their social media sites, links of which can e found at the bottom of the page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Monicks46 Sky's availability checker will tell you whether you're eligible for their Full Fibre or Ultrafast products ('fibre to the home'): https://www.sky.com/broadband/buy?irct=bns-bbt-table-test

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Monicks46 wrote:

I probably would not be thinking of switching if Sky had a digital fibre connection to the home (is it available?) 

All fibre is 'digital'.  The distinction is between the older and slower Fibre To The Cabinet (FTTC 'Superfast') and the more recent and much faster Fibre To The Premises (FTTP 'Ultrafast')

The national Openreach network (which Sky and most other ISPs use) has FTTC available at more than 90% of UK addresses, but FTTP at under 60% because it's still being rolled out.  Sky and those other ISPs cannot provide FTTP where the required infrastructure doesn't exist yet.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion