Discussion topic: End date

This message was authored by PAISLEYALD This message was authored by: PAISLEYALD

End date

My SKY broadband and TV ends on 12th June.

I have a couple of questions.

1) I will be setting up my broadband transfer in a month from now to start when SKY ends. Openreach transfer. Would I be correct in saying although I order my broadband more than month in advance to start on a particular date, the provider will notify SKY 14 days before this start date automatically. 

2) I am required to give 31 days notice for tv. Do I do this to end on the 12th or the 13th !

Thank you.

Best Answers
PAISLEYALD
Topic Author
This message was authored by PAISLEYALD This message was authored by: PAISLEYALD Answer

Re: End date

Found the answer. Was more simpler than I imagined if openreach.

Simply pick a switch date, we will switch you on day 14 or later date if your date selected is more than 14 days. 

Both us and your current provider will send you a letter outlining which services are being switched and when the switch may take place.

The letter from your current provider will also include details of any exit fees or early termination charges

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PAISLEYALD wrote:

Would I be correct in saying although I order my broadband more than month in advance to start on a particular date, the provider will notify SKY 14 days before this start date automatically. 

That isn't correct as the provider would tell Sky as soon as you place the order as they will not know any details of the contract you have with Sky and when the minimum term ends.

@PAISLEYALD wrote:

2) I am required to give 31 days notice for tv. Do I do this to end on the 12th or the 13th !

I make it the 12th.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
PAISLEYALD
Topic Author
This message was authored by PAISLEYALD This message was authored by: PAISLEYALD

Thank you for reply.

They ask for the install date down to am or pm on that date. 

My assumption is they basically get my order 30 says before but trigger the response 14 days before (or just give them the notice there and then 30 days out for it to start on that date) as just trying to work out how they do the openreach auto switch same day.

PAISLEYALD
Topic Author

Won't let me edit response for some reason.

So what you mean Is they simply give them the notice that they will take on my line on the date I select with them for it to start. 

As long as I place that order more than 14 days out I'm good then?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You might need to wait until you are 14 days out from the minmium term with Sky but even then you new provider might not be able to swich you in 14 days time as when it happens will be down to them and Openreach if you are still going to be on their network.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
PAISLEYALD
Topic Author
This message was authored by PAISLEYALD This message was authored by: PAISLEYALD Answer

Found the answer. Was more simpler than I imagined if openreach.

Simply pick a switch date, we will switch you on day 14 or later date if your date selected is more than 14 days. 

Both us and your current provider will send you a letter outlining which services are being switched and when the switch may take place.

The letter from your current provider will also include details of any exit fees or early termination charges

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion