Discussion topic: Difficulty paying my bill

This message was authored by Leahsmith This message was authored by: Leahsmith

Difficulty paying my bill

Hi I'm struggling to manage my bill! I'm only on Jobseeker's Allowance! And with the cost of living it's really hard! Is there anyway I could get help to reduce my bill? 

kind Regards Leah. 

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Difficulty paying my bill

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Leahsmith  there is no leeway from the following 

If you have a continuous payment method setup (direct debit or card) and first attempt fails Sky will automatically retry 10 calendar days later (so don't make a manual payment unless Sky requests you too) if that second attempt fails an automatic process of restrictions will kick in (which we've been told can't be overriden by sky cs agents) starting with tv followed a few days later by broadband if sky is your isp

if restrictions are imposed they won't be lifted until the outstanding payment is paid in full and a new continuous payment method is setup

Note: if you don’t have a continuous payment setup the 10 day grace period does not apply and therefore unless full payment due is showing as credit on your account by payment due date restrictions will be applied almost instantly

also note sky don’t do payment plans or promises to pay on active accounts I’m afraid

to reduce bills you would need to call sky and negotiate a lower price but in return you will need to commit to a new minimum term 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Difficulty paying my bill

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Leahsmith 

If you're out of contract you could call Sky and negotiate a new discount which will come with the obligation of a new 18 month deal. If you are still in a minimum term deal you may not be able to cancel/reduce. Otherwise the billing process is as set out by @SKY1992bf and I'm afraid is pretty much what you've been told in similar posts last year. 

edit: 
This link may also provide some advice
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cost-of-living-support

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion