Discussion topic: Debt letter received saying I owe Sky PLC

This message was authored by JonJames91 This message was authored by: JonJames91

Debt letter received saying I owe Sky PLC

I have just received a debt letter (my address but wrong name). Lets say my names is Jon James Jones the letter is addressed to James Jones. I never use my middle name instead of my first name. The letter from moriarty law saying they have been instructed by jc International acquisition to write to me regarding the debt you owe the client of £200. Debt is related to an agreement with sky plc that I entered in June 2020. Which I owe for communication services. Written notice was sent to you on 28/10/2022. (I did not receive this or any other notice) I have never broken contract with sky and have been a customer nearly 10 years. Nothing changed with my account in the date they stated. And also I have not heard anything about this until today. I spoke to a sky rep on the phone earlier and she said there's nothing on my account saying I owe anything and i should just ignore the letter. But is it possible I can get an email or written letter from sky confirming this? I don't want to contact the debt company and try deal with them as obviously they are notoriously bad to deal with and don't want them to continue hounding me once they have my email address/phone number etc... Is there an email address for someone at sky I can talk to? I looked online and there is nothing. Only other thing I can think of is that there is a James Jones that owes sky money and sky have accidentally given the debt company my details By mistake or something? Thanks in advance

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Debt letter received saying I owe Sky PLC

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JonJames91  You would need to call Sky who should be able to confirm this, however you may be directed back to thre DCA as they have the debt.

You should be aware we are all customers here and you're not contacting Sky directly.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by MW7744 This message was authored by: MW7744

I have also received a very similar letter from Moriarty Law, along with a spelling mistake in my name.

I have no debt on my account, and the account number does not match any sky account i have or had in the past.

Having contacted Sky they werent overly helpful as they cant discuss the account in question or provide any evidence that it isnt mine.

I have completed a SAR request at sky and filled in the complaints for asking for written proof

Looking at the reviews for Moriarty Law they appear to be well known for this, and will apply for a CCJ even if they have the wrong person.

Its a numbers game.

JonJames91
Topic Author
This message was authored by JonJames91 This message was authored by: JonJames91

Hi, I have spoken to a person from sky now by going via the sky help Facebook page and speaking on messenger. They confirmed the letter is not for me and my account is debt free. Also said that on the debt letter the account number on the letter is referring to what should be your sky account number. So if the account number on the debt letter is not your sky account number then that's a way of confirming that it's not yours.

This message was authored by MW7744 This message was authored by: MW7744

Thanks, i might try the same as the account number definitely isnt mine.

I get the distinct impression that wont matter to Moriarty Law though

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion