Discussion topic: Credit for leaving.

This message was authored by Kate1234 This message was authored by: Kate1234

Credit for leaving.

I have a question regarding my cancellation. So on the 22nd of September was last day for tv, broadband and talk talk

So I got some credit on my account, how can I transfer that back to my account? Is that actually possible? Or the money is lost?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Credit for leaving.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kate1234 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and their Messaging Team should contact you tomorrow. 

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Kate1234 
Refunds can take up to 6 weeks from your last day of connection providing the payment method is still active on your Sky account. If your payment method has been cancelled Sky will have to manually raise a cheque and post it to you so it’ll take a bit longer.

If you wish we can help get it refunded within 3-5 working days via the Messaging Team on here. Let us know on this thread if that’s what you want to do but please confirm in your reply it’s currently showing as a credit on your Sky account.

edit- if you don't have a payment method still active it'll take longer I'm afraid. 

Sky customer since 2001
Kate1234
Topic Author

I didn't have a direct debit on my sky account so they won't be able to refund that back to my account, is it easier to call them?

Kate1234
Topic Author

I wouldn't mind if someone from the team can help me with that! Yes credit is shown on my accountw

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@Kate1234 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and their Messaging Team should contact you tomorrow. 

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Kate1234 wrote:

I didn't have a direct debit on my sky account

Is there any payment method setup on the account like a credit or debit card ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Kate1234
Topic Author

Okay great

Kate1234
Topic Author

There was no card stored on the account, I was paying manually and sometimes with different debit cards.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Kate1234 

In that case the Messaging Team will still contact you but may have to pass the issue to a back office team which will take longer as explained earlier. The T's and C's stipulated you had to have a continuous card payment or direct debit in place so there will be an inevitable delay.,

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Kate1234 

It is possible that they might have to send you a cheque so is that is the case as explained by @Daniel0210 you could be waiting a good few weeks for this to be sent but the messaging team will be able to advise you tomorrow when they make contact via the chat bubble.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Kate1234
Topic Author

During my 2 yrs contract duration I was paying mostly with same card but this year it happened that I was paying from time to time with different so don't think it will be a big issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion