Discussion topic: Credit Refund after leaving Sky

This message was authored by JimL1 This message was authored by: JimL1

Credit Refund after leaving Sky

My Sky Broadband service ended 18/04/2024. (Paid in advance of course)

Sky then took a further Direct Debit of £29.50 on 25th April for the period 18th April to 24th May 2024, all beyond contract termination. I have requested a refund but have been advised that this wont be actioned till the end of the next billing cycle i.e. 25th May ! Apparently this is administrative because my bank might recall the DIrect Debit which Sky have already taken, even although it is not due.  My Sky account shows a credit of £35.37 which I would like to be returned to me before the 25th of May. How do I pursue this please ? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Credit Refund after leaving Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JimL1 

You have to remember that bills are generated 14 days before the billing date so at that point you were still a customer. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@JimL1 
Refunds can take up to 6 weeks from your last day of connection. If you can confirm it’s definitely showing as a credit on your Sky account we can help get it refunded within 3-5 working days via the Messaging Team on here. Let us know on this thread if you want to do that.

Sky customer since 2001
JimL1
Topic Author

Hi Daniel, thanks for the reply, Yes I would like to do that !

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@JimL1 

To see if they can help speed up the process I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team should contact you later.

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001
JimL1
Topic Author

Thanks for your help Daniel, I'll keep an eye out !

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @JimL1.

JimL1
Topic Author

Hi Daniel

Thanks again for your help. A Sky advisor got back to me really quickly; however it appears that my credit for April cannot be sent back to me till the May billing period is concluded i.e. 11th May, even though Sky took a Direct Debit from my Bank Account 6 days after I had left them and my contract ended !!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@JimL1 

You have to remember that bills are generated 14 days before the billing date so at that point you were still a customer. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by DW07 This message was authored by: DW07

Hello, I have a credit of £51.06 showing on my June bill after cancelling my TV and broadband package. The credit relates to the broadband. Can you post a message to the escalation team so this can be refunded to me please? 

@DW07 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team should contact you later.

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @DW07 to chat.

This message was authored by Louise391 This message was authored by: Louise391

Hi

Is there another way to get a credit refund after leaving sky? Whenever I call I'm on hold for a long time and surely it should happen automatically but 2 months later it still hasn't been refunded to me

@Louise391 
Yes. If you’d rather, we can help get it refunded within 3-5 working days via the Messaging Team on here. Let us know on this thread if that’s what you want to do but we need confirmation it’s showing as a credit on your Sky account.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Louise391 This message was authored by: Louise391

Hi that would be great thanks. Do you just want a screenshot of the account for confirmation?

@Louise391
No don't post personal info on a public forum. We are mainly customers on here.

I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team should contact you later.

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion