Discussion topic: Charged for returned equipment

This message was authored by Lost77 This message was authored by: Lost77

Charged for returned equipment

Hi

I was sent a new Sky Q hub in November 2022. I returned my old hub to Sky on 3 December 2022. I have my proof of posting. 
I have now received a text from Sky telling me they are charging me £50 for not returning the equipment!! This is outrageous! 
I have tried to speak to someone at Sky, but that is not possible as I can't get past the useless automated service. 
How can I resolve this please?

Thanks. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Charged for returned equipment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lost77 

As you have retained your proof of posting I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you later.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply from Sky within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread regularly.

You need to make sure that your email/private message notifications are switched to ‘on’ to avoid missing the alerts.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014
If you are using Safari also make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you have trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Lost77
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lost77 This message was authored by: Lost77

No email or chat link received so far...🙄

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Lost77  Escalation doesn't guarantee an invite however it can take 24/48 hours to receive it

if you don't receive one by this time tomorrow post back and we can alert sky again 

edit @Daniel0210  has re escalated 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Lost77 

Chat invites are not guaranteed and can take longer to be offered however I've escalated it again for you. The process is as per my earlier post. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent Lost77 an invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - This has now been resolved on a private chat

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion