Discussion topic: Charged despite returning equipment

This message was authored by corvid This message was authored by: corvid

Charged despite returning equipment

I changed broadband provider and was asked to return my hub to Sky. I was sent a flat-pack box and a pre-paid label in the post. I returned the hub, psu in the box provided.

I have my proof of postage.

I now received a txt that I have been charged for not returning the box. I logged on to MySky and can see a £50 non-return charge.

How do I get this removed?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001 Answer

Re: Charged despite returning equipment

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@corvid  To get you some help I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble.

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Clay+field This message was authored by: Clay+field

I returned my equipment as asked and have proof of postage and now received a text to say that you have not received and are going to charge a very large sum onto my next bill.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Clay+field 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you later.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply from Sky within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky are not instant so you’ll need to regularly check the chat thread.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent Clay+field an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by freshoyesters This message was authored by: freshoyesters

This is so annoying. I called sky and informed them I am not interested in their services anymore. I was sent some box and return labels. I returned the equipment but never kept any recept. I got an email that I will be billed £165 for those devices already returned. I call their representative and was told I need to provide the receipt to get a refund. Since it was sky that sent the returns details, why can't they just track if the return was received or not? I need my refunds. Please! Not ready to pay for what I do not have

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@freshoyesters 

Unfortunately the onus is on the customer to prove they returned the equipment and without proof of posting any reimbursement of non return fees is at Skys discretion. 

edit: your two duplicate posts have been removed. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by freshoyesters This message was authored by: freshoyesters

I hope this can be escalated to them regardless. I did made the return. £165 is a whole lot of money to ignore. It not fare 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion