Discussion topic: Change of Christian name on sky account

This message was authored by SteveB911 This message was authored by: SteveB911

Change of Christian name on sky account

Just spent a frustrating half an hour talking to Sky about changing the Christian name on my account from Lisa (my wife) to Steve as I deal with all the Sky account management and it's very irritating having to pass it across to my wife each time to get permission to sort out any issues, despite the fact I know all the usernames and passwords. The Sky FAQs say that changing the first name on the account can be done without any legal documentation but the agents are still refusing to alter the name! Seems ridiculous to me as they wouldn't even question my identity if a man's name was on the account! If you know all the passwords and other ID verification why on earth can't they change it!?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Change of Christian name on sky account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SteveB911 

The Account Holder details can't be changed. If you know the telephone password and are authorised to speak to Sky on the account holders behalf you can do most things but can't cancel any part of the subscription. 
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/change-the-name-on-a-sky-account

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@SteveB911 

The Account Holder details can't be changed. If you know the telephone password and are authorised to speak to Sky on the account holders behalf you can do most things but can't cancel any part of the subscription. 
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/change-the-name-on-a-sky-account

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@SteveB911 What you are trying to do can't be done, the name change options are only for the account holder which in this case is your wife(by your own admission), customer service will refuse to do what you want because it will effectiely be changing the account owner which is not allowed except in very limited circumstances.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@SteveB911 wrote:

why on earth can't they change it!?

Because of the contractual implications.  The account holder agreed to the terms of the contract at the time of inception - Sky do not allow it to be changed to someone else other than in very limited circumstances.

Whilst they could get the new account holder to agree to the terms, they have chosen not to allow this as a routine change.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion