Discussion topic: Cancelled direct debit, made payment manually :(

This message was authored by UhOh This message was authored by: UhOh

Cancelled direct debit, made payment manually :(

Hi guys,

I think I might have just made a mistake. I wanted to change my billing date to the 8th of each month so I cancelled my direct debit and set up a debit card method. Yesterday (the 7th), payment was taken via direct debit and today it was refunded. So I made the mistake of paying in manually. 

I read that they're trying to take the payment again in 10 days so can I just leave the amount in my account and they'll take it from there or will they try the direct debit metho again, even though it has been cancelled? 

What shall I do? 

Best Answers
UhOh
Topic Author
This message was authored by UhOh This message was authored by: UhOh Answer

Re: Cancelled direct debit, made payment manually :(

For anylnw interested, Sky took the manual payment I made today. My account balance is zero again. I cancelled the DD again and cbsbfed my payment method to debit card now. My next bill is due in the beginning of August so hopefully it'll be fine with the new payment method.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I' not sure but as the first payment failed via the direct debit then they might attempt this again, to cover yourself can you not reinstate the direct debit then see what happens and if the payment is taken in 10 days time then change it to your debit card ?

Regarding the payment you made, do you see this as a credit on your account ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@UhOh  You didn't need to cancel your direct debit, you should simply change the payment date within your Sky account, however it is too late to do it for this month and would have taken affect next month, as the DD was still live at your bank this can still be taken.  

You seem to have gone about this the wrong way and caused yourself issues.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

UhOh
Topic Author

Yeah, I was thinking of re-instating the direct debit again. And yes, the payment I made is credited in my account as a balance (credit goes towards paying your next bill) - so, shall I try to set up the direct debit again?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@UhOh wrote:

so, shall I try to set up the direct debit again?

Yes I would do that as should then be covered if Sky try to take it again in 10 days time. You can do that via your Sky account on the MySky app or online here:

https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bill/change-payment-method

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
UhOh
Topic Author

Thanks, just done it. Either way, I have a credit in my account, plus the DD is set up again. So I will be covered and hopefully it all goes fine next month. 

UhOh
Topic Author
This message was authored by UhOh This message was authored by: UhOh Answer

For anylnw interested, Sky took the manual payment I made today. My account balance is zero again. I cancelled the DD again and cbsbfed my payment method to debit card now. My next bill is due in the beginning of August so hopefully it'll be fine with the new payment method.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion