Discussion topic: Can’t retrieve Vue cinema codes

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: VUE codes not working:

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Alex+Biscuit 

I'd observe there's also a whole list of other exclusions in the .pdf file of the full T&C's:

Voucher codes are not valid for Event Cinema Screenings (which include live, encore and recorded
screenings of Anime, Comedy, Dance (including ballet), Events, Family Animation, Film Festivals,
Foreign Language Films, Innovation (such as lectures/talks), Knowledge (such as documentaries),
Limited Releases, Music, Opera, Re-Releases, Special Previews, Sport, Theatre and TV); Premieres;
Special Events; Mini Mornings; Mother and Baby screenings; Last Chance to See; Our Screen;
Senior Screenings; Movie Marathons (multiple films for one price); Scene Screens, Screening on
Friday and Saturday.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-cinema-vue-tickets 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Alex+Biscuit This message was authored by: Alex+Biscuit

Tried that, didn't work

This message was authored by VIPuser This message was authored by: VIPuser

Same problem, been trying to use codes for a week. All I get is a message saying there is an error/ issue  with my codes. Tried re-installing app as suggested, didn't help. Checked code validation which said they were fine. Not trying to book for the weekend.

This message was authored by Hannahtyrer This message was authored by: Hannahtyrer

Also in the same position. Tried booking last month during the suggested time period, taking into account all 'limitations' and now also today but still getting the same error code. I have followed every rule and restriction, making sure it should be a valid booking but no luck. Zero point in offering a promotion like this if they don't even work. Tried to get in touch but I get no reply. Got in touch with Vue who says it's a Sky issue. Every month I get the same problem. Disheartening because it's an offer we was excited about but is clearly unavailable and misleading

This message was authored by MrsZ-P This message was authored by: MrsZ-P

@Alex+Biscuit 

I've had this issue for the past 2 days

I even emailed Vue to see if they could help but they said it was Skys issues at they issued the codes.

I ended up going onto vues website on my phone in private browsing mode and not signing it, and the codes worked for me and my booking has been completed.

I tried using the codes 5 mins earlier on the app on my phone, so maybe it's an app issue? 

This message was authored by Hannahtyrer This message was authored by: Hannahtyrer

@Alex+Biscuit Unfortunately, I've also tried to use the private browser on safari to book through the Vue website as a guest. It still doesn't work for me. I have no idea what else to try at this point!

This message was authored by Yas14 This message was authored by: Yas14

Totally agree @Hannahtyrer. Pointless rewards if can't be used
This message was authored by MrsZ-P This message was authored by: MrsZ-P

So I contacted Sky on X before the codes

worked for me, and this is what they sent me today.

I'm unsure if this helps but this is the article - 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-cinema-vue-tickets

@Alex+Biscuit 

@Yas14 
@Hannahtyrer 

I also didn't know that you can take your codes into Vue and redeem them there and then. 

This message was authored by Yas14 This message was authored by: Yas14

Thanks @MrsZ-P , doesn't really help & my daughter tried using the codes today at Vue they advised her that the codes didn't work 😕 

@Yas14 @MrsZ-P I've since found out, after speaking to somebody at Vue, that certain Vue Cinemas are having issues with the codes from Sky. I hope Sky are aware of this as all Vue Cinemas local to me are affected so i and all Sky Customers in my area won't be able to use the codes, rendering the offer useless. I understand it takes time to fix an issue like this but it seems it's been a problem for a little while now and I'm not sure Sky have even acknowledged it 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Sounds like it's a VUE issue though if some vouchers don't work at some vue cinemas.

surely in order for the voucher system to work its VUE who provide the voucher code over to Sky for them to distributed to their customers. I don't see how a third party would be capable of providing and creating their own vouchers for someone else's service.

what normally happens in situations like this unfortunately is that neither side wants to take the blame for the fault which leaves issues like this lingering for months.

all people really can do is keep reporting the issue to both the sky ticketing team and the VUE customer services people until someone or both sides start working on resolving it.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by VIPuser This message was authored by: VIPuser

I ended up paying for my tickets for the Cinema and mentioned the issue with the sky codes to the attendant. I was told there was a problem with booking online using Sky codes but could use them if you brought them into the cinema with you and booked manually.

@MarkGoldsmith You would hope that if Sky was aware of this issue, they'd be chasing Vue to fix the issue. But I do think you're right in that both will be dragging their feet. Hopefully the issue is sorted soon. Until then, I will try to use the codes on premises, rather than online and see if that works. Unfortunately, I have heard quite a few have been claiming the QR codes haven't been working then either

This message was authored by Sandles This message was authored by: Sandles

Re: Can’t retrieve Vue cinema codes,

My codes are come up on on sky app but cue won't accept them 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Can’t retrieve Vue cinema codes,

@Sandles wrote:

My codes are come up on on sky app but cue won't accept them 

I'd check the T&Cs of the offer and ensure you are trying to use them in a valid Vue cinema, at a valid time and in valid seats. 

All the info is available here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-cinema-vue-tickets

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion