Discussion topic: Called to re-contract but Sky had no deal and says my 'offer' online is a non-contract offer........

This message was authored by RPB This message was authored by: RPB

Called to re-contract but Sky had no deal and says my 'offer' online is a non-contract offer........

So this has been the most frustrating phone call I've ever had......

I'm Sky VIP and been with them since the analogue days so always had a nice price change or locked price to what I was paying.

This time I noticed online (for the first time ever) Sky had applied 'discounts' to my package and this was going to be it. Well I was paying £79 for everything; April increases took it to £86.50 and the so-called 'discounts' they applied to my account make it now £97.50. So I called Sky and this is where is gets stupid...

There are no offers and we know you're VIP Diamond but your package is already discounts to £97.50. Well it's not cus it's gone up from £79. There is nothing Sky will do and get this, "if we try to change anything now, you will lose the offers applied and it could go up to £106.50!" LOL

So now when I try to discuss the cost, all i got was the threat of the cost going up if they tried anything! Fantastic marketing Sky, well done on shafting me.

Also, I was told as of 5th July I will no longer be on a contract and the "good deal" I have for £97.50 is NOT contracted and that's how they're doing it now.

So according to them, me going from £79 to £97.50 is "heavily discounted". Best one yet! Hmmm.

I was also told that me asking to be re-contracted would not get me any better offer and basically "your package is alfready heavily discounted now, so there is nothing else we can do".

So that really was it. No further contract from July and I feel like a big  "**** you" basically. 

Finally my 24 years and analogue before that have got me nothing, LOL. Ah well, I suppose it was going to happen sooner or later with all the excuses they can use now, I'm surprised they didn't blame the "climate crisis" as well! 

SkyQ 2Tb on WIFI.
Sky mini in master bedroom on WIFI.
Virgin Media 200Mb cable internet
Sky customer since the original analogue days of my 80cm dish and Pace box!

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Called to re-contract but Sky had no deal and says my 'offer' online is a non-contract offer....

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RPB 

Most, if not all providers do this now. From recent posts on here it does seem that decent deals are increasingly hard to find. If you choose to leave the same will happen at the end of your discounted deal with whoever you go with. Once you've been away for 18 months you'll be able to rejoin and benefit from new customer discounts.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion