Discussion topic: Bill doubled

This message was authored by SPARKYMARC47 This message was authored by: SPARKYMARC47

Bill doubled

Hi I’ve just logged into my account and in a matter of few days it’s doubled from £78 to £130 from 18/2/24-17/3/24 is one and other is from 25/2/24-24/4/24 why are days different plus amounts gone up which is very confusing as only one subscription not two my very first bill was from 18/1/24-17/2/24 which is my monthly bill normally but why like I said in matter of few days it’s doubled Plus another thing I don't want to set up a direct debit but I would like to know skys bank details so that each week I can set up a bank transfer to pay something of my monthly bill 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Bill doubled

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SPARKYMARC47 

Sorry but that video can't be shown as you can see your account number.

This might help to explain it:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/been-overcharged

It sounds like the minimum term on your package has come to and end so the discount you had has now finished. When you took this out you would have been told how long it was going to last for so now is the time to call Sky to see if they will offer you a further discount for the next 12/18 months if you agree to a new contract.

If you have a Sky Mobile or Sky Talk landline phone then you can call Sky for free via the 150 number. Or under "Need more help ?" at the bottom this page is the number to call:

https://www.sky.com/help

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
SPARKYMARC47
Topic Author
This message was authored by SPARKYMARC47 This message was authored by: SPARKYMARC47

@caesarome @This is only my second or third month being with sky 

SPARKYMARC47
Topic Author

This is video screenshots of both amounts in a week 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

It's because your bill covers two periods from 21 January to 17 March - almost two months, bearing in mind you pay a month in advance, hence the bill is almost double your usual amount.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@SPARKYMARC47 

The first two bills are always higher due to the date period they cover (longer than the usual 4 weeks) as you can read about here, halfway down the page here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/understanding-my-bills

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion