Discussion topic: Being over charged

This message was authored by Cathy1982 This message was authored by: Cathy1982

Being over charged

At the end of may the debt right off team cleared £200 of my bill an I paid £81 so all that was left end of may was £25 but yet I've now been charged again during June £180 seriously there is no way I owe that amount an someone best sort this out it's disgusting an I'm suppose to be in contract until next year well not at them prices I want it sorting 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Being over charged

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you called Sky and spoken to them about this because perhaps they can shed some light into why this has happened ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Cathy1982
Topic Author

Yes I have tried speaking to them an all that they do is hang up the calls on me when I'm speaking the phone goes quiet an I've got to ask are they still there I clearly do not owe that amount no chance I've even spoken to citizens advice an they have said it's disgusting I expected a bill of about £90 max not £180 then the £25 carried over an nobody is bothered 

@Cathy1982 wrote:

Yes I have tried speaking to them an all that they do is hang up the calls on me when I'm speaking

You need to battle with the bot by saying No if it asks you about going online or receiving a text message for help as hopefully it should then connect you to an adviser.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Cathy1982 wrote:

Yes I have tried speaking to them an all that they do is hang up the calls on me when I'm speaking the phone goes quiet an I've got to ask are they still there I clearly do not owe that amount no chance I've even spoken to citizens advice an they have said it's disgusting I expected a bill of about £90 max not £180 then the £25 carried over an nobody is bothered 

Have you accrued  more charges since Sky agreed the debt write off in May. If you're still subscribed, charges will have been added since then. What does your bill say about the breakdown of the charge?

Cathy1982
Topic Author

I had no charges the only charge I had was £25 carried over to me next bill sorry but being charged an extra £180 is disgusting and nobody is bothered 

What did Sky say when you called them about this as advised to do as we are customers here who help each other so we can't say what is going on and for why.

@Cathy1982 wrote:

Yes I have tried speaking to them an all that...

You'll have to try again, I'm afraid, in order to resolve it. We're customers. and can't see your bills or your account history so it's impossible for us to shed any light on it.

Cathy1982
Topic Author

They said if I don't pay £150 then my service is staying restricted no real reason has to why nothing there disgusting 

Feel free to post a copy of your bills here, if you wish. Just be sure to obscure your Sky account number. If not, you'll have to pursue with Sky what the £150 is for.

Cathy1982
Topic Author

All that is on my bill is the £200 credit from the £200 payment end of may then the £25 carried over to end of June that's it 

You'll have to pursue it with Sky then, I'm afraid. 

Cathy1982
Topic Author

Thanks I'm trying but think I will have to find a new provider 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion