Discussion topic: Being conned again

This message was authored by stsxt05 This message was authored by: stsxt05

Being conned again

Renewed my contract just 8 weeks ago, one of those 18 month contracts that only lasts 12 months ! ... and here we are 8 weeks later being told my prices are going up again , well in excess of inflation!... eight years Ive put up with this fiasco of being conned into signing a meaningless contract that means nothing to the end customer and forces you to call Sky for another 90 miunte phonecall. This approach brings absolutely no benefit to the end customer and as soon as I can I will leave this stupid and expensive service , Sky are rapidly pricing themselves out of the market, how many other customers are fed up with this annual fiasco ?

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Being conned again

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The contract includes allowances for increases.  It happens every April too, so i'm surprised when people are surprised...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
stsxt05
Topic Author
This message was authored by stsxt05 This message was authored by: stsxt05

Precisely my point, eight years of this customer abuse being held to ransom, whilst that may not be Skys intention it's certainly how this customer feels. Any company that hides behind the small print and legal complication instead of using plain language and genuine options that their customers might like to consider is below the standards expected from professional companies these days in my humble opinion. It is just my opinion of course, but no other service company that my family deals with makes us feel so used as Sky does. If there was a cheaper way to be able to watch F1 then this Sky customer would be off like a shot, just watch this space because as soon as that opportunity presents itself that's exactly what I intend to do.

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@stsxt05 If you feel that Sky are abusing you as a customer why have you remained one for 8 years?

Your statement makes zero sense.

Every single company out there that you take a service from uses the exact same language in their contracts, its very clear and not at all hidden behind.

I really don't get why some stay as a customer and then do nothing but moan about the price and annual rise or how they perceive they are being treated, to me that makes absolutely no sense.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@daveNOS wrote:

@stsxt05 If you feel that Sky are abusing you as a customer why have you remained one for 8 years?

Every single company out there that you take a service from uses the exact same language in their contracts, its very clear and not at all hidden behind.

I really don't get why some stay as a customer and then do nothing but moan about the price and annual rise or how they perceive they are being treated, to me that makes absolutely no sense.

I agree.

Sky isn't mandatory. TV isn't mandatory. F1 isn't mandatory. If it's a 'con' it's one you freely accept every time you re-sign. That's irrational.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Mark39 wrote:

@daveNOS wrote:

I agree.

Sky isn't mandatory. TV isn't mandatory. F1 isn't mandatory. If it's a 'con' it's one you freely accept every time you re-sign. That's irrational.

It's certainly possible to follow F1 via the channel 4 highlights programmes, so certainly if you feel Sky are a con and you only want F1 there is no reason to have to subscribe to Sky to follow F1.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion