Discussion topic: Auto compensation to bank account

This message was authored by K20chels This message was authored by: K20chels

Auto compensation to bank account

Hi so sky are due me £656 for auto compensation because I was supposed to go live 22nd vovember 2023 but didn't go live up until 15th march 2024 anyway last Tuesday 2nd April  I received a text saying the £656 will be refunded into my BANK ACCOUNT in 3-5 working days it has now been 5 days and I've had nothing now they keep telling me to wait another 3-5 working days like had anyone ever actually succeeded in getting it? Wouldn't be so bothered but I've been having to top up dongles for my kids tablets every shingle day and I can't afford to now and now the live connection has gone off again too 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Auto compensation to bank account

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky don't usually refund auto compensation to your bank account. If your broadband service has failed, report it to Sky. You could query the compensation at the same time.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@K20chels  unless you have a prior agreement with sky in place before the refund is paid for it to go to your bank account it's normally applied as a credit to your broadband account and used against future bills until it runs out 

so have you checked to see if the amount is showing as a credit on your Sky account 

the only other way it can be paid into your bank is if you have subsequently cancelled your broadband account 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
K20chels
Topic Author

Well I have a text message saying 

Hi Chelsea, it's Kieran @ Sky. Just to confirm, we've refunded £635.62 back to your bank account. This should be with you in the next 3-5 working days. Thanks. NoReply

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@K20chels  Unfortunately the information in the text could be wrong 

have you checked your sky account for the credit?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
K20chels
Topic Author

I have been on the phone to them today so it's not wrong it even says that on my actual sky account too I've been on the phone to them again today and they've said it will be in in 3-5 working days feel like I'm being fobbed off by them

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion