Discussion topic: Annual renewal

This message was authored by Bucko29 This message was authored by: Bucko29

Annual renewal

Does anyone know if it's possible to fix the overall price for say 12/18 months without any further increases. When I renewed last year I am sure that I asked the question and was told that three would be none. However I must have misunderstood as I have had several increases over the last 18 months. I have tv and broadband, and belive  the cost is very high from June and I don't have sky sports.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Annual renewal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky generally don't offer fixed price deals. They're always subject to a single, annual increase in April (for UK customers). Over 18 months you might see a maximum of 2 increases, depending on when you sign up.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Annual renewal

@Bucko29 

You can fix the discount over 18 months but the price before discount can not be fixed due to the annual price increase each year and this is why you will have seen an increase in your last contract.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Bucko29
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bucko29 This message was authored by: Bucko29

Re: renewal

Hi, ok, that makes sense I have had at least two increases in 18 months. Better off with a 12 month contract then, at least you know where you stand. Guess that's why they offer 18months to catch you twice. The cost seems very high pay well over 100 quid pm

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: renewal

@Bucko29 wrote:

Better off with a 12 month contract then, at least you know where you stand.

Very few ISPs offer twelve month minimum terms, and the ones which do typically charge an up-front fee and/or a higher monthly rate.  There's a fixed cost levied by Openreach to enable a circuit which any ISP has to know will be covered with something left as a profit margin, otherwise they are losing money by providing the broadband service.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion